Real time data feed for Ninjatrader

I was about to tell you that it is very costly to get data into NT7 and all prices are in $s, but you already discovered that. Unless you are trading in few crores per month, it will not be worthwhile.

AmiBroker is very good s/w and first s/w I've felt worth every paisa I've spent. License fee of Ami is 1 time only.

You can feed data to Ami from Yahoo as well as Google and you can get Ami to read Metastock format data which is a very big pluspoint.

I had explored NT7 because s/w is free and because Ninjascript is based on C#.

BTW, How did you get Yahoo to feed data into NT7. Its good to know that it is possible ...
To get free EOD data provided by yahoo, you need to connect to "Yahoo-Free" connector and then need to bring up yahoo script name using Tools > instrument manager. :thumb:

Hi sandipanp,
Your welcome, i think for amibroker there is free importing tool for real time data by josh available in this forum itself.
If you are a day trader with amibroker and global data feeds combo you can place orders directly from ami screen, which will be very helpful in a very fast activity like day trading.
Hope this helps.
All the very best
praveen:thumb:
praveen, Thank you for all the information you provided. I need one more information.

Can we use amibroker with price range chart ? If so who is providing that kind of data?

Thanks
Sandipan

praveen98

praveen, Thank you for all the information you provided. I need one more information.

Can we use amibroker with price range chart ? If so who is providing that kind of data?

Thanks
Sandipan
Hi Sandipanp,
What is a price range chart?? I don't know much about Amibroker either, please enlighten me about price range chart , then i may get some idea...to give you suggestion...
All the best
praveen:clapping:

Hi Sandipanp,
What is a price range chart?? I don't know much about Amibroker either, please enlighten me about price range chart , then i may get some idea...to give you suggestion...
All the best
praveen:clapping:
Sorry for not clearly mention my query.

Here is what I want to mean by price range bar.
The bar / candle appears in chart based on price change not based on time. Suppose the setting is such that , a bar/candle will appear in chart if price is changed by Rs 5. So I might get fewer ( when market moves in side way) or large number ( when market moves in up trend or down trend ) of bar/candle irrespective of time.

Thanks
Sandipan

praveen98

Sorry for not clearly mention my query.

Here is what I want to mean by price range bar.
The bar / candle appears in chart based on price change not based on time. Suppose the setting is such that , a bar/candle will appear in chart if price is changed by Rs 5. So I might get fewer ( when market moves in side way) or large number ( when market moves in up trend or down trend ) of bar/candle irrespective of time.

Thanks
Sandipan
Hi Sandipan,
What you are saying is a pure price action charting without time coordinate...if i am right....then point and figure is the solution for you...Please go through the various threads in the forum about p&f charting...try it once ....
All the very best:thumb:
praveen

a1b1trader

Hi Seniors,

I'm newbie to day trading but have little bit of knowledge of investing. For last one month , I had extensive study over day trading using internet and different forum. I am a bit comfortable with ninjatrader after using it for 10 day with historical day data provided by yahoo and I'm able to create my own custom strategy in ninjatrader [ I know little bit of programming ] ( using only chart and with different color and indication based on bollinger band, RSI and MACD ). But the main problem is datafeed. I tried manshiRT but backfill is painful. Wrote email to eSignal about data feed but did't get any reply.

My aim is to use Ninjatrader's chart with RANGE data. If RANGE data is not available, then time tick data. Could you please guide how to get Range data feed / time tick datafeed for ninja trader ?

Till now I have told my story. So Seniors , plz guide me if you find anything wrong.

Your help is appreciated and thanks in advance.
Hi

Which trading platform you are using.
I think these small utilities will solve your problem

If Nest trader then
Nest to NinjaTrader 7 : real time data feeder

http://91-33.com/download/NestGoesNt.html

And if Odin then
http://91-33.com/download/Odidnot.html

And if NOW then
http://91-33.com/download/NowLetsNt.html

The above utilities are developed by yusi, a TJ member, a very helpful and very gentle person.

You can post your query, if any, in this thread

http://www.traderji.com/intraday/77550-need-rt-data-feed-ninjatrader-6.html

yusi

Plagiarism at its finest ?

Screenshot of the first couple of posts in this thread...

It would be interesting to see if they blindly copy this post as well.

Last edited:

Giraffe

This issue was brought up in Ravi bhai's Nifty Futures thread also. These fake sites are duplicating copies of traderji forums threads and they change the name of members. I think they duplicated entire traderji this way.

Traderji mods should start using Copyscape or something like that if possible.

mastermind007

LOL!!!! :clap::rofl::clap:

It is 99.99% doing of the Global Data feeds. If you notice on both pages, solution being provided is also identical. How convenient?

yusi

MM, I would not say that. As G has mentioned, entire threads have been hijaacked indiscriminately. The first two posts just happened to be something I selected for the screenshot; all the posts in this thread were there.