Reading Price Charts Bar By Bar

Dear Rajesh,

My sincere thanks to you for taking your time and posting an elaborate reply on
Al Brooks' trading styles.

Yes, the gist of his philosophy - direction, context, cycles, position sizing etc.
are common underlying principles. But his chart reading techniques include few
specialized set of skills and I wanted to learn them. As you will agree, reading
his books is not an easy job! :)

I will read about this Hindalco chart more leisurely.. I need to expand each of
the abbreviations you have used - lot of technical stuff is there.. :)

Please keep some time for us, and post a chart at least once in a week, if it
is possible for you. If possible, please give key bar-wise commentary as Brooks
does for EMini charts.

Take care, happy trading!
http:
//tradingniftyoptions.blogspot.in this blog will be helpful for albrooks fans

hi all,

well its quite been few days since any activity on this thread, if any one out there trading with price charts , would like to know few things as according to all brooks we should mostly trade with 5-min charts and as i'm following his words i started paper trading nifty and few other stocks such as jpass in 5 min charts , but i think instead of 5 min chart 3 -min chart is more comfortable to trade as 5 min is to long to check the status of candle, what about u guyz please do let me know.
if any one can explain the merits of trading in 5min chart or anything that will be great

rajesh.singh

hi all,

well its quite been few days since any activity on this thread, if any one out there trading with price charts , would like to know few things as according to all brooks we should mostly trade with 5-min charts and as i'm following his words i started paper trading nifty and few other stocks such as jpass in 5 min charts , but i think instead of 5 min chart 3 -min chart is more comfortable to trade as 5 min is to long to check the status of candle, what about u guyz please do let me know.
if any one can explain the merits of trading in 5min chart or anything that will be great
Hi hayerpa,
In Lower TF, you might get early entry or more trades, good for excitement but not good for trading health. In majority of the time you will get scratch trades, & this will lead up for cherry picking.and most of the time you end of picking wrong ones.

At present you are doing paper trading, so you might be getting urge for early signals & more trades, but once you start with serious money, then you will realize you need more time to process all the information , that too very fast before you take any trading decisions.not that easy can say with personal experience.:)
Ideally just focus on few set ups.more than enough.
All the best

hi caesar, hayepra, rajesh and all seniors and active members, pls dont let this thread die.
This is very useful thread. I started reading first book of brook ""bar by bar"" and will give my 2 cents time to time, till then pls try to alive this thread.

Caesar u did wonderful job to start this thread pls dont give up.

Thanks,
Trade111