Reading/Copying Data from a Trading Terminal to Excel or a local database

mohan.sic

Good Evening.

Requirement - Reading/Copying Data from a Trading Terminal to Excel or a local database:

Have recently seen a Demo of a Pro Trader Trading Terminal which is providing a Option Chain data similar to Nse web page option chain.
The terminal does not support excel import feature and hence cannot link this to excel.

I am looking for ways to get this terminal data ( screen giving this option chain ) to excel.

Requesting suggestions from developers. We can discuss the feasibility here and quote on pm.

Thanks.

marimuthu13

Good Evening.

Requirement - Reading/Copying Data from a Trading Terminal to Excel or a local database:

Have recently seen a Demo of a Pro Trader Trading Terminal which is providing a Option Chain data similar to Nse web page option chain.
The terminal does not support excel import feature and hence cannot link this to excel.

I am looking for ways to get this terminal data ( screen giving this option chain ) to excel.

Requesting suggestions from developers. We can discuss the feasibility here and quote on pm.

Thanks.
https://www.edelweiss.in/tx3

Try this ..we dont need to have trading account with them to access their trading terminal....link to download market watch in excel is available...but not sure about option chain..try it once...

Romeo1998

Sir @mohan.sic
when i did not know about Josh Sir's rtd , i had tried many different ways to get data from nesttrader to amibroker....
one way was to get control handle of marketwatch window through autoit n send ctrl A and ctrl C to it n take data in windows clipboard n then create text file n then push to amibroker,
this was not right approach for rtd data even though the whole process was happening in 1 second, and it was freezing nesttrader after some time.....
if data is needed after every 5 mins then initially this approach might be okay...
good luck :)

Last edited:

mohan.sic

Sir @mohan.sic
when i did not know about Josh Sir's rtd , i had tried many different ways to get data from nesttrader to amibroker....
one way was to get control handle of marketwatch window through autoit n send ctrl A and ctrl C to it n take data in windows clipboard n then create text file n then push to amibroker,
this was not right approach for rtd data even though the whole process was happening in 1 second, and it was freezing nesttrader after some time.....
if data is needed after every 5 mins then initially this approach might be okay...
Josh sir rtd - what data fields does it cover ? any thing on options OI ?

Autoit & ctril A ----- Is it manual at every interval required or it does the work in background ? More over i cannot keep the market watch screen open all through. I minimize it and do my regular work on same laptop. I mean I watch it all through when i am free on the day or else I keep changing between trading platform and other work, so how can it copy the market watch to clipboard when i am on other task ?

TracerBullet

Sir @mohan.sic
You dont have to copy paste, you can simply read the contents of the control ( which is a ListView usually). That should be fast enough. For ahk, you can look at controlget.
https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/ControlGet.htm

Anyway, in my experience if you have too many scrips in marketwatch, Nest/NOW can slow down and that can affect ordering stability.