Re : PAN Card

Hi.. would appreciate an expert advice or comment on the following issue:

I moved from Delhi to Chennai in 1989 for business. Though my business in Delhi continued so I kept filing my returns in Delhi. My PAN was issued in Delhi but the card was not issued. Now, I would like to know, for the purpose of issue of a New Pan Card (change of information), if I show my address as Chennai, will I have to start filing my return in Chennai.

Since my nephew handles my IT and accounts in Delhi I am comfortable filing my returns in Delhi. What is the expert take on this issue. Can I, with my residence address of Chennai, continue filing my returns in Delhi ??

Thanks

Dear Traderji..

It is quite disheartening to see on this forum that lot of Posts, inspite of many viewings, go unanswered or uncommented upon. No question can be stupid enough to not elicit an answer !! If senior members do not think it fit to answered then as the Moderator you should come forward and give us a lead or a link to our problems.

This is a wonderful forum and a very useful one, but atleast 50% of the posts go unreplied !! Hope you take steps to improve participation.

Best regards

Traderji

Super Moderator
harmads said:
Hi.. would appreciate an expert advice or comment on the following issue:

I moved from Delhi to Chennai in 1989 for business. Though my business in Delhi continued so I kept filing my returns in Delhi. My PAN was issued in Delhi but the card was not issued. Now, I would like to know, for the purpose of issue of a New Pan Card (change of information), if I show my address as Chennai, will I have to start filing my return in Chennai.

Since my nephew handles my IT and accounts in Delhi I am comfortable filing my returns in Delhi. What is the expert take on this issue. Can I, with my residence address of Chennai, continue filing my returns in Delhi ??

Thanks
harmads said:
Dear Traderji..

It is quite disheartening to see on this forum that lot of Posts, inspite of many viewings, go unanswered or uncommented upon. No question can be stupid enough to not elicit an answer !! If senior members do not think it fit to answered then as the Moderator you should come forward and give us a lead or a link to our problems.

This is a wonderful forum and a very useful one, but atleast 50% of the posts go unreplied !! Hope you take steps to improve participation.

Best regards
Your question is not being answered because not many of us have an answer to your question. I would suggest you consult a professional regarding your question.

If senior members do not think it fit to answered then as the Moderator you should come forward and give us a lead or a link to our problems.
Hi harmads,

As Traderji said,no idea to the answer to your question......hmmm,seniors do not think it fit to be answered......??!!??Not a fair comment,my friend.

Saint

Hi

Re.: PAN

I think, you should continue to file your return at Delhi itself. Continuity of Income Tax Ward and the Professional has its own advantages.

Even, if you desire to file your IT return in Chennai, I think, you will have to take the following steps:

Inform your IT Officer in Delhi that you have shifted to Delhi and will henceforth be filing the IT Return in Chennai. (Mark a copy to the IT Officer who would have jurisdiction in Chennai).

File a copy of the above letter with the IT Officer in Chennai.

Then start filing your IT Returns in Chennai and in the first year of filing, attach copies of previous year's IT Return acknowledgement and copy of the letter which you filed in Delhi and Chennai.

You may apply for a fresh PAN Card quoting your existing PA No. Even if you do not quote your existing PA No., you will be alloted your existing PA No. only. Yes, the IT Department has made very good strides in the field of IT (Information Technology).

Even otherwise, it is advisable to get a new PAN card. The new card is cute and is in the size of a Credit Card.

Regards

Kamalesh

PS I was awaken from my slumber by some uncharitable remarks. Traderji is a selfless website and seniors are really doing a very very good job. Probably, I would not do so much even for my children.

One should understand the labour and pain that goes into answering threads. Please look at the threads that are answered. Also look at what time of the day they are being answered.

Please start looking at the glass as half full rather than as half empty. Life will be much better.

No offence meant to anyone. Just general comments applicable to everyone (including myself)

Re. Pan

Sorry, there is a mistake at para 3. It should read as

Inform your IT Officer in Delhi that you have shifted to Chennai and will henceforth be filing the IT Return in Chennai. (Mark a copy to the IT Officer who would have jurisdiction in Chennai).

I had inadvertently mentioned that you have shifted to Delhi instead of Chennai.

Saint, Kkz59 ... thanks a lot for taking time and answering. Let me also apologize for inadvertently hurting some sentiments.. should not happen in future !!

kkz59.. you've understood my problem. Now I would highly appreciate if you could further clarify the following :
I do not want to bring my returns to Chennai as I have a SSI unit in Delhi and the returns etc are being handled by my nephew for the past 2 decades. Since I came to Chennai, the Chennai income(Salary income) details were being sent to Delhi for filing. Now I am getting into Online trading. My main querry is that "Can I continue filing in Delhi, showing the residential address of Delhi"? That will mean I will never be able to demand for new Pan Card.

Thanks once again

Saint, Kkz59 ... thanks a lot for taking time and answering. Let me also apologize for inadvertently hurting some sentiments.. should not happen in future !!
Hi Harmads,

I apologise sincerely for having missed this post..........no problem harmads.Looking forward to more from you.......and wishing you all the best!! :)

Saint

Hi,i need some advice for my problem, i am a sand mahal mahaldar of Forest Department in Assam,so i have to issue Challans by depositing money in the treasury of Government of assam for that i need a Pan card bcoz the Challans will be calculated as follows,Tendered Rate+VAT 12.5%+IncomeTax 2.55% will have to be deposited in The Treasury,and a just applied for the pan card and they are saying it will take another 15-20days to get the Pan Card,in this secenario i just like someone advice me whether can i deposit money in the treasury without a Pan card or by simply submitting the pan card applied receipt,and when i will physically receive the Pan card i deposit it to the treasury.Or any suggestions Pls......? someone help me in this

lonelysgr

Re. Pan

Sorry, there is a mistake at para 3. It should read as

Inform your IT Officer in Delhi that you have shifted to Chennai and will henceforth be filing the IT Return in Chennai. (Mark a copy to the IT Officer who would have jurisdiction in Chennai).

I had inadvertently mentioned that you have shifted to Delhi instead of Chennai.
prudential advice.