Random Ideas on Intraday trading

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Now there is a general consensus that some full time losers are not able to digest that few part time traders are profitable.

Mods please close this thread.
You are the only motivation in this forum.Else I dont care to share anything. I learnt a lot from decades old posts of your. Similarly i feel someday some newbie learns from here.[/QUOTE]

hello sanju brother,

I am new to this forum...saw this thread a week ago and learnt so much from ur posts and material you shared through drive...thankyou so much..plz feel free to post ur thoughts here...atleast one person like me learn something from ur random posts, that could give us some edge and more future in market as well...

thanks..

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Even though I don't trade Intraday. Whenever i see the virtual low/high. I take it since it is a very low risk opportunity. The following are the two charts for Bajaj Finance. Of course, I sell ATM options when I see this setup. Thanks, STda for showing these setups.

11th Aug.
1597734851454.png

18th Aug 2020.

1597734946005.png

marimuthu13

Even though I don't trade Intraday. Whenever i see the virtual low/high. I take it since it is a very low risk opportunity. The following are the two charts for Bajaj Finance. Of course, I sell ATM options when I see this setup. Thanks, STda for showing these setups.

11th Aug.
View attachment 43849

18th Aug 2020.

View attachment 43850
Hi
Can you please define virtual low ? I just wanted to write a code where scanner will through results on virtual low /high...

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Hi
Can you please define virtual low ? I just wanted to write a code where scanner will through results on virtual low /high...
Please find the original quote from ST da, thread.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my thread "Ideas on day/swing trading" I have discussed many trading ideas.One of the ideas discussed there is my favorite...I have learned it from Saint and the credit goes to him.We called it Virtual High/low.
I have done some thinking on this pattern and I find that it is a high success rate pattern with a solid price logic. This pattern is a form of Test pattern.

1597759352732.png

NF is in downtrend, it takes a rally and makes rally top at A. Then the decline starts and the market goes down.The market gathers strength at the decline bottom and stages another rally and goes to B....now observe carefully.Bar marked B is a bullish candle and it closes in the wick or tail area of bar A....this means that the bulls tried their best to take the market up and break top A but they lost their power and could not push it up any further. This is virtual high and when low of bar B is cracked, it means the market is reversing its direction....so we sell short.

The same pattern happened at the bottom. Look at C and D and the reversal was indicated. This gives a very high RR trade and one can catch the reversal at almost high/low point.

In my next post I will post this pattern worked in NF yesterday...

These are reversal patterns so make sure that there is some price move before a reversal is likely and dont try to fit this pattern to every alternate bar...also see to it that A,B are at some distance and not consecutive bars.

1597759380578.png

Look at A,A' and B and see how at a resistance zone a reversal is indicated is closing in the wick/tail of A and A' and triggering virtual high reversal once low of B is cracked.

marimuthu13

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my thread "Ideas on day/swing trading" I have discussed many trading ideas.One of the ideas discussed there is my favorite...I have learned it from Saint and the credit goes to him.We called it Virtual High/low.
I have done some thinking on this pattern and I find that it is a high success rate pattern with a solid price logic. This pattern is a form of Test pattern.

View attachment 43857

NF is in downtrend, it takes a rally and makes rally top at A. Then the decline starts and the market goes down.The market gathers strength at the decline bottom and stages another rally and goes to B....now observe carefully.Bar marked B is a bullish candle and it closes in the wick or tail area of bar A....this means that the bulls tried their best to take the market up and break top A but they lost their power and could not push it up any further. This is virtual high and when low of bar B is cracked, it means the market is reversing its direction....so we sell short.

The same pattern happened at the bottom. Look at C and D and the reversal was indicated. This gives a very high RR trade and one can catch the reversal at almost high/low point.

These are reversal patterns so make sure that there is some price move before a reversal is likely and dont try to fit this pattern to every alternate bar...also see to it that A,B are at some distance and not consecutive bars.

View attachment 43858

Look at A,A' and B and see how at a resistance zone a reversal is indicated is closing in the wick/tail of A and A' and triggering virtual high reversal once low of B is cracked.
Thank you brother...looks like very complicated to write it scanner

View attachment 43857

View attachment 43858

So well explained.....very nice

View attachment 43857

View attachment 43858

thanks for the info provided, really useful and informative

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Exactly a year ago on this day 20 Sep 2019 when Corporate Tax cuts were announced Nifty broke through the resistance at 11100-11180. This resistance later became the support around 7-9 Oct 2019. Lets see in subsequent post happened later at these levels.
1600575990266.png