Random Ideas on Intraday trading

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Creating this thread to post ideas on intraday trading of Nifty Futures. This thread is to remind me of the trades of good ones and bad ones. so that I can comeback and refer whenever I need it. It is not a diary or journal. I maintain a trade log personally.But posting it here is easy with charts to remember.All are welcome to share ideas.However I urge people to not post news items or links from other social media sites.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
First of all let me thank all the seniors those who have tremendously helped me in this journey and continue to do so. I have learned a lot from Saint, Smart_trade(STda who I call with respect). I also learned more about pivot trading method from posts of Subhadip and rjshem. I will be from time to time quoting their posts wherever relevant.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Lets begin with what happened on Tuesday May 26th.Though it looks like a Red candle the underlying tone was bullish. The day closed in red but the Highs and lows were getting higher.

daily chart for the last few days.

1590635976663.png

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Now coming to the monster move like yesterday 27th May. These types of moves do come at least once a
month. This is one observation which I made. The probability is high. It is called the Flip open.
The condition is like this. The previous day was a red candle day. The current day (27th) Opened above 50% or more( The higher the better). These types of days will give monster moves as short covering occurs(trapped traders) and once the previous day high is broken new longs jump in taking it higher. Later will be posting some charts for the same.

Last edited:
Lets begin with what happened on Tuesday May 26th.Though it looks like a Red candle the underlying tone was bullish. The day closed in red but the Highs and lows were getting higher.

daily chart for the last few days.

View attachment 42740
Merge the two day's candle to see the clear picture of what happened during Monday + Tuesday

niftytaurus

Creating this thread to post ideas on intraday trading of Nifty Futures. This thread is to remind me of the trades of good ones and bad ones. so that I can comeback and refer whenever I need it. It is not a diary or journal. I maintain a trade log personally.But posting it here is easy with charts to remember.All are welcome to share ideas.However I urge people to not post news items or links from other social media sites.
Thanks a lot Sanju Bro for this thread.Its really so nice of you to sharing your knowledge.Its my pleasure to see that you are also applying Pivot method concepts in your trading & will discuss here also.Need to learn a lot from your knowledge & experience.
Price action intraday trader like me are very much intrested in this kind of thread.Please keep positing
Thanks a lot

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Excellent.clap .nice .you have excellent grasp(smart brain)very important for success .keep going .
I have taken a printout of the setups you posted and hanged it just above my computer. I Also keep reading stda and saints posts. Every time i read I keep getting new insights. Please do correct me wherever required. so that i can improve.

niftytaurus

Now coming to the monster move like yesterday 27th May. These types of moves do come at least once a
month. This is one observation which I made. The probability is high. It is called the Flip open.
The condition is like this. The previous day was a red candle day. The current day (27th) Opened above 50% or more( The higher the better). These types of days will give monster moves as short covering occurs(trapped traders) and once the previous day high is broken new longs jump in taking it higher. Later will be posting some charts for the same.
Thanks a lot Sanju Bro for nice insight.
I also want to trade only on days when trending day probability is high.
a) Please tell some more conditions when this monster moves we can expect.on those days, we can put a small sl & take bigger position .this kind of 1 day is sufficient for whole month.
please share your knowledge about how can we know about this kind of days ? what all conditions which is showing that big move is coming?
b) what is "FLIP OPEN" term? I havent read about it yet.Where can I get more about this concept.
c) suggest some good books or resources about price action trading from which you have learnt?
Thanks a lot