Race Pro/ODIN/GeoJit/Unicon/Ventura1

Hi

I am thinking of signing up for the a software based online trading.

I have the below options. I would like to know the pros and cons.

Race Pro- Provided by Religare.

ODIN: Provided by Hedge Equities
http://www.hedgeequities.com/

Geo jit
FLIP Platinum
http://geojitbnpparibas.com/Equity/EquityInner.aspx?id=168

Unicon Swift, this appears to be a nice one.
http://www.uniconindia.in/ProdAndServ/InternetTrading.aspx?id=1

Ventura1
Pointer software. I read recently that their charting is not that good.

Do we need to have softwares like metastock for charting??

Do let me know your reviews so that I can finally sign up for one.
Any information appreciated.

Regards,
Rakesh

alroyraj

Hi

I am thinking of signing up for the a software based online trading.

I have the below options. I would like to know the pros and cons.

Race Pro- Provided by Religare.

ODIN: Provided by Hedge Equities
http://www.hedgeequities.com/

Geo jit
FLIP Platinum
http://geojitbnpparibas.com/Equity/EquityInner.aspx?id=168

Unicon Swift, this appears to be a nice one.
http://www.uniconindia.in/ProdAndServ/InternetTrading.aspx?id=1

Ventura1
Pointer software. I read recently that their charting is not that good.

Do we need to have softwares like metastock for charting??

Do let me know your reviews so that I can finally sign up for one.
Any information appreciated.

Regards,
Rakesh
Other Odin and Ventura others are not used by many here.
Odin
Pros:
1. Stable
2. Streaming quotes
3. Triggered orders can be placed.
4. usually brokers offering Odin have net trading as a backup.
Cons:
1. Implementation of Odin at different brokers in different.
2. Charting depends on the version and customisation at the broker end.
3. Installation needs an active support and maintenance team by the broker.

Ventura
Pros:
1. Streaming quotes.
2. Fast order placement.
Cons:
1. Software bugs ,every sale is a short sell.
2. Higher margin requirements blocked per order placed.
3. Order modification slow.
4. Multiple order execution.
5. No real time margin freed immediately on selling.
6. No back up internet trading available.

For trading a decent software is required. Other options are Indiabulls,Sharekhan and IIFL. Metastock or more popularly Amibroker is used for testing trading strategies for positional trades .Here database can be build freely. For testing intraday strategies a real time data feed costing 500 to 1500 Rs per month is required. Here the database obviously costs.

iTrade

What do you mean by multiple order execution. do you mean that if we give 1 buy order for 50 shares, it will be sent to the exchange twice??
I dont want to confuse, but it never happenned to me. I have used ventura for almost a year.. Also order modificationa and sending order is fast, just like PIB.

I have already written abt problems on ventura pointer. Most common problem is frequent disconnection from the server and there is no web based backup.
You can search ventura threads(super cheap...) for my comments. I dont have direct link for it handy.

Re: Race Pro/ODIN/GeoJit/Unicon/Ventura1/KOTAk

Hi All,

Today I got the demo for Kotak Keat, it seems a nice one, but the demo did not have real time updating of script prices, when asked the rep said its because of the demo account :). I think that was a complete lie, it should have actually worked. hence first impression with the real time quotes seems very bad.

Today Geojit gave me a call and they have zero account opening charges.
Condition 10k margin or 10k worth of shares transferred to demat. that appears to be good choice. The brokerage is also fair enough.

The software of geojit flip seems to be a good one. going to get a demo tomorrow.

Regards,
Rakesh

alroyraj

Hi All,

Today I got the demo for Kotak Keat, it seems a nice one, but the demo did not have real time updating of script prices, when asked the rep said its because of the demo account :). I think that was a complete lie, it should have actually worked. hence first impression with the real time quotes seems very bad.

Today Geojit gave me a call and they have zero account opening charges.
Condition 10k margin or 10k worth of shares transferred to demat. that appears to be good choice. The brokerage is also fair enough.

The software of geojit flip seems to be a good one. going to get a demo tomorrow.

Regards,
Rakesh
Hi Rakesh, find out how good the charting is on Geojit FLIP and also the real time streaming of quotes.
have to warn you ,there is some min brokerage per order like Rs 20 or something even though the brokerage is low without committments like 0.03% intraday.

Hi Raj,

I just checked the charting on Flip and it appears to be good. Their web interface is really good and not running on java like many other firms, its running i believe on a mix of ajax and flash and is really fast and we can use short keys as well.

For offline accounts here are the charges.
Intra day 0-10 lakh 0.75%
delivery 0.5%
Minimum Brokerage: Rs 20% per scrip or 1 paise per share whichever is higher

Online accounts 0.03% and delivery 0.30%

Minimum order value 1000Rs. Minimum brokerage Rs 20.

Minimum brokerage 20 means essentially trading volume should be atleast 6k
which is quite fine.

I would probably go for a lower brokerage once I am comfortable with the intra day trades.

Hi Rakesh, find out how good the charting is on Geojit FLIP and also the real time streaming of quotes.
have to warn you ,there is some min brokerage per order like Rs 20 or something even though the brokerage is low without committments like 0.03% intraday.

Hi All,

I have found out that in office the port number 80 is getting blocked. Any technical information is appreciated. I have checked with religare and
the said its because port number 80 is blocked for the ip addresses ranging from 59.160.230.230/225/220. I am have the admin rights in my system. Any solution to this issue would be appreciative. Any one else who is facing the same issue>

Regards
Rakesh

Hi Raj,

I just checked the charting on Flip and it appears to be good. Their web interface is really good and not running on java like many other firms, its running i believe on a mix of ajax and flash and is really fast and we can use short keys as well.

For offline accounts here are the charges.
Intra day 0-10 lakh 0.75%
delivery 0.5%
Minimum Brokerage: Rs 20% per scrip or 1 paise per share whichever is higher

Online accounts 0.03% and delivery 0.30%

Minimum order value 1000Rs. Minimum brokerage Rs 20.

Minimum brokerage 20 means essentially trading volume should be atleast 6k
which is quite fine.

I would probably go for a lower brokerage once I am comfortable with the intra day trades.