Quote tracker is not working nowadays.. Live quotes not working, yellow or red status

Hi

Any one using quote tracker configured to NSE india free quote?

It isnot showing real time and its very slow nowadays..

Thanks,
Sam

Re: Quote tracker is not working nowadays.. Live quotes not working, yellow or red st

Any one using Quote tracker software, could you narrate your experience, any tweaks needed etc...

thanks..

whyLately

Re: Quote tracker is not working nowadays.. Live quotes not working, yellow or red st

I keep having bad days with QuoteTracker similar to what you describe. This was discussed in this thread.

It has nothing to do with QT per se. When QT is slow or does not update prices -- it is best to point you browser to NSE and check if the site loads. QT is essentially doing a screenscrape of NSE pages.

To confirm, QT was extremely slow yesterday during market hours.

For that matter, buzzingstocks.com was slow or failing yesterday as well.

I keep having bad days with QuoteTracker similar to what you describe. This was discussed in this thread.

It has nothing to do with QT per se. When QT is slow or does not update prices -- it is best to point you browser to NSE and check if the site loads. QT is essentially doing a screenscrape of NSE pages.

To confirm, QT was extremely slow yesterday during market hours.

For that matter, buzzingstocks.com was slow or failing yesterday as well.
Does buzzingstock show you realtime quote updated every second?

whyLately

Does buzzingstock show you realtime quote updated every second?
No. buzzingstocks is not portfolio based and does not substitute what QT does. However, I find that it complements QT very well. Happened to mention it as it is rarely slow or times-out but on that day it did -- thus both views of the market were gone.

FWIW the refresh interval for the index value frame on the BS home page seems set to 180 seconds, and the refresh for price table on the Smart Trader Terminal page is 240 seconds. QT default refresh is 60 secs, and for a full page of scripts 30 secs appears the best it can do (for me).

Reji

No. buzzingstocks is not portfolio based and does not substitute what QT does. However, I find that it complements QT very well. Happened to mention it as it is rarely slow or times-out but on that day it did -- thus both views of the market were gone.

FWIW the refresh interval for the index value frame on the BS home page seems set to 180 seconds, and the refresh for price table on the Smart Trader Terminal page is 240 seconds. QT default refresh is 60 secs, and for a full page of scripts 30 secs appears the best it can do (for me).

Hi, :)

How can we include stocks trading in BSE in QT portfolio?

Regards

Reji

Oh I use 2 secs interval.. let me try 30 sec...

But 2 sec did very well, was always uptodate, when everything went well....

whyLately

Hi, :)
How can we include stocks trading in BSE in QT portfolio?
Do not know...

Just tried with WalletWatch India Real-Time (Free) as the Data Source/Proxy (see http://sify.com/finance/frames/stockometer.php) Added two scripts Refex (7024958.B) and Moschip (MCHP.B). The first does not work, the second gave the last quote but backfill did not work. Maybe, you could try it during market hours.

whyLately

Oh I use 2 secs interval.. let me try 30 sec...

But 2 sec did very well, was always uptodate, when everything went well....
If 2 secs works for you during happy hours, that is great. No need to fix it.

When it does not, the suggestion to check the NSE website with your browser stands. In QT, File->Fetched Pages->Show Last Quote Page shows "ERR" during such times.