Quote about a war hero

If you do less than what is desired by your nation - you are a rogue

If you do what is desired by your nation - you are a slave

If you do more than what is desired by your nation - then you are a free man

Hi Jaideep---
Excellent----Ha Ha Ha----To add a bit more to it----
If U do nothing(Hear nothing--see nothing---speak nothing--Just go on fattning ur pockets)---Then u r the man --our Nation is looking for(at least today)-----
Regards,
joy_mitali

joy_mitali said:
Hi Jaideep---
Excellent----Ha Ha Ha----To add a bit more to it----
If U do nothing(Hear nothing--see nothing---speak nothing--Just go on fattning ur pockets)---Then u r the man --our Nation is looking for(at least today)-----
Regards,
joy_mitali
:D :D

If you do nothing, but still fatten your packets, you are a politician.

If you get away with murder, you are a big man.

But, if you break a traffic signal by just a few seconds and are caught, you are the "citizen" of the country.

If you do not pay your taxes in thousands, you are culprit.

If you rob the Government and the Financial Institutions of crores and billions of rupees, you are a Honourable man the Government is willing to negotiate.

4candles

jaideep said:
If you do more than what is desired by your nation - then you are a free man

hope you are not referring our dearest politicians!!!
Lallu :D , Bhuta Singh :D, et al

(note: :D pun intended :D )

4candles said:
hope you are not referring our dearest politicians!!!
Lallu :D , Bhuta Singh :D, et al

(note: :D pun intended :D )
The lighter vein interpretation of the quote apart, this quote was part of a memorial write-up remembering the Late Capt.Manoj Pandey of the 11 Gurkha Rifles Regiment. He was awarded the ultimate wartime gallantry award the Param Vir Chakra posthumously at the ripe old age of 23 yrs for laying down his life valiantly defending our country's border on the merciless heights of Kargil. In doing so he upheld the time-tested honourable traditions of a good Indian soldier & Officer viz:

The Safety Honour and Welfare of Your Country Come First Always and Every Time, The Honour Welfare and Comfort of The Men You Command Come Next & Your Own Ease Comfort and Safety Come Last Always and Every Time!

I'd like to think that these young men gave their lives so that you, me & the rest of us could go about our daily business of stock trading uninterrupted. We rest assured & safe in the knowledge that our country's borders are well-guarded by our brave soldiers & officers, everyone a hero actually.

Jai Hind !!!

4candles

Dear Jaideepji,

First- my regrets to have posted such a reply, rather unintentionally. With all due respect to Late Capt.Manoj Pandey, I did not mean to offend our great heroes, living or dead, & persons related to them . I do recognize & respect their selfless service & sacrifice , of both worldly & one single life, for our betterment. My mistake. My apology.

Second I intended to relate to the difference,- one gives selfless service & life to the nation & the other takes away selflessly from the nation ( hope you understand).

Once again I am sorry.

thank you
4candles

4candles said:
Dear Jaideepji,

First- my regrets to have posted such a reply, rather unintentionally. With all due respect to Late Capt.Manoj Pandey, I did not mean to offend our great heroes, living or dead, & persons related to them . I do recognize & respect their selfless service & sacrifice , of both worldly & one single life, for our betterment. My mistake. My apology.

Second I intended to relate to the difference,- one gives selfless service & life to the nation & the other takes away selflessly from the nation ( hope you understand).

Once again I am sorry.

thank you
4candles
4candles (how I hate pseudonyms), thanks for respecting my sentiments on the subject pal. Am an ex-Service officer & 1971 war veteran myself and hence the strong sentiments. More to boot is that I'm from the National Defence Academy (NDA) too as was Manoj Pandey. Fact that he was 3 decades+ junior to me is irrelevant when it comes to National Patriotism & loyalty to Alma Mater are concerned, are'nt they. Your answer will be Yes! I know. So thanks once again & pls don't feel sorry for anything (give me a name please). :)

4candles

Respected Sir,
Glad to hear from you & glad to have got to know a little bit about yourself,Sir. Now I know what really must have gone through your mind (I regret that moment . In fact immediately after my post I did sense that may be I made a mistake but it was too late)

Yes Sir, my answer is YES & I believe respect & apperecitation comes from within based on a persons deeds , it does not recognize age, nor can it be demanded.

4candles (how I hate pseudonyms), thanks for respecting my sentiments on the subject pal.:)
Sir my name is MuraliKrishna & I am 31yrs old -half your age (more or less). The reason I chose 4candles is, as my pseudonym in this group, I rely most of my trading decisions based on Candle Stick charting patterns, apart from few other indicators.

Thank you sir,
Murali
(4candles)