• I quit my job for trading and that has been a good decision

Votes: 41 44.1%
  • I regret quitting my job

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • I balance trading with job perfectly

Votes: 31 33.3%

• Total voters

hmp

I started my trading career with just 65 usd, earned from online activities, and this was my only investment in fx, over the years i have withdrawn well over lakhs of rupees, trading is all about money management, patience and informed trading knowing macro economics.

1 loss trade means you need to work double to recover it, so try to avoid losses if you really wish to make money, no harm trading 0.01 lots even if you can trade a full 1 lot, you earn less your risk is less.

take any chart, prices always move in waves, moral: learn surfing.
Hi
Can you pl. reveal your strategy and what kind of money management you are following?
Regards

I am a software professional and interested in trading since 1 year.
During that time, I have developed backtesting system with EoD data and developed a trading strategy which looks promising.
However, I have started actively trading since only 2 months and the real trading results are at par with the strategy.

Should I quit my soul sucking job for full time trading?
Does anyone who has done the same have any advise?
Full time traders, please suggest....
before quitting

1) have capital for running 6 months other than tarding capital

2) if by chance you feel its hasty decision you must get job after 4 months with at lease cover running expense

3)never regret ur decision

4) sl can only save you..

I am a software professional and interested in trading since 1 year.
During that time, I have developed backtesting system with EoD data and developed a trading strategy which looks promising.
However, I have started actively trading since only 2 months and the real trading results are at par with the strategy.

Should I quit my soul sucking job for full time trading?
Does anyone who has done the same have any advise?
Full time traders, please suggest....
Employ a ordinary person to do trading as per your strategy and you can continue your job for a year. First get real life experience for a year and then quit job.

Firstly, don't listen to anyone here.

If you feel if you can do it , go ahead. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't make it because they couldn't.

The fact that you are asking this questions means you are not sure and scared to go ahead. So at this point it is your beliefs and your confidence that can help you and more importantly your risk management skills and planning , not suggestions from strangers on the internet.

you need to be responsible and own up to your failures. Don't blame anyone for the the decision to take.

I cannot tell you if you should go ahead or not. But i will tell you this -
It is better to fail at something that you love than succeeding at something you hate. That way when you get older you will not have regrets that you did not take the chance when you had one.

We like to be secure and comfortable all the time because this what is we see all around us and this is what is taught to us by our parents/relative/friends.Few dare to beyond the edge.

Look to people who have go beyond and have taken risk. There are plenty of people on the world. you will not find them here on the internet..

Lastly , whatever decision you take don't base it on the suggestions given here including mine. :)
Well said BRO!!! Very motivating....

Firstly, don't listen to anyone here.

If you feel if you can do it , go ahead. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't make it because they couldn't.

The fact that you are asking this questions means you are not sure and scared to go ahead. So at this point it is your beliefs and your confidence that can help you and more importantly your risk management skills and planning , not suggestions from strangers on the internet.

you need to be responsible and own up to your failures. Don't blame anyone for the the decision to take.

I cannot tell you if you should go ahead or not. But i will tell you this -
It is better to fail at something that you love than succeeding at something you hate. That way when you get older you will not have regrets that you did not take the chance when you had one.

We like to be secure and comfortable all the time because this what is we see all around us and this is what is taught to us by our parents/relative/friends.Few dare to beyond the edge.

Look to people who have go beyond and have taken risk. There are plenty of people on the world. you will not find them here on the internet..

Lastly , whatever decision you take don't base it on the suggestions given here including mine. :)

Well said... I like your vision on LIFE, your enthu and energy in your words...:thumb::thumb::clapping: