• I quit my job for trading and that has been a good decision

Votes: 41 44.1%
  • I regret quitting my job

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • I balance trading with job perfectly

Votes: 31 33.3%

• Total voters

DPA

I was not as blessed as you are ... planning to quit ...
We were fired during 07 global recession ... was mad, depressed ... :mad:
7 years down the line, 5 years as a full time trader ...
07 recession was a blessing disguise ....
Trading is more about the Psyche of the trader ... everything else is accessory ...
If you have it ... The psyche ...
Go for it .... :clap::thumb::clapping:
Blessed? Yes, maybe. But, this decision making has been gruelling for me.
Each day, thinking about quitting...
Congrats for your sucess in trading.

PS: Nice username.

DPA

How do you you see job as
1) rat race
2) Defeat others take promotions, follow the rules
3) A good worker reports when he is sick, misses seeing his children grow, leaves his parents alone to visit doctor, cant find time socialize.
4) Stuck in traffic jams
5) Lack of healthy eating habbit, below par health.
6) Low pay.
7) No respect.
8) Not much scope to increase salary.
9) Work long hours.
10) Lack of freedom.
11) boring

If you enjoyed your school and college days better than your working days you know something isnt proper. I am not advising you to quit job and take up trading but its a good time to start thinking what else you can do. Money isnt the ultimate means afterall it is only a tool which will help you fulfill your dreams.

If you have balance worth more than 10 times the annual income you need to survive today without considering inflation then you need not work. You can start with 70% of you income in safe schemes which will generate 9-10% /annum for your basic survival. The rest you can put in investments again with proper risk management.
Maybe Point 2 and 8 are the ones that hit me.
No, I dont have that much balance...
The sense I am getting is that once I start getting losses, I would not get a chance to make it right...

I started my trading career with just 65 usd, earned from online activities, and this was my only investment in fx, over the years i have withdrawn well over lakhs of rupees, trading is all about money management, patience and informed trading knowing macro economics.

1 loss trade means you need to work double to recover it, so try to avoid losses if you really wish to make money, no harm trading 0.01 lots even if you can trade a full 1 lot, you earn less your risk is less.

take any chart, prices always move in waves, moral: learn surfing.

onlinegtrash

May be you should start from the end...
Go for any trading forum, you will find 'It's time to quit trading' thread.
Read them, slowly and carefully... and its up to you to decide if the path is meant for you.

There is one constant in all traders who have crossed the big graveyard of wannabe traders,
that constant is 'sacrifice'. Market goddess showers all the wealth and freedom you can dream BUT she takes a huge 'sacrifice' upfront ! See if you are in the position to offer the sacrifice and not go broke emotionally, physically or economically.

Good luck!

Quitting the Job is a very bold option

but before doing that

Get ready with a Tested Trading System
Dot rely on Trading Income on Monthly basis
Trade Like Professional with out Emotions ( winning and losing is apart of this trading game)
Out of 100 Traders only 2% hold their Breath on Long Run to be Successful