Questions on & suggestions for Advanced threads

kkseal

It's wonderful that we now have an Advanced thread section at Traderji. Many of us who cannot post in these threads may well be following them and may have questions & suggestions. What i suggest is that we create 'shadow threads' for the ones in the Advanced section. The adv thread starter & other of our very best members can then answer our queries in that thread if they deem fit & appropriate (ignoring the rubbish).

Also good posts made in these shadow threads can be elevated to the 'parent' adv threads by the thread owners & the mods (if Traderji permits).

Regards

Last edited:

kkseal

This is w.r.t. the Anatomy of a Trailing SL thread started by Oxy.

My question is with regard to the strength indicator shown on the charts posted. Is this the Hull MA or some form of the Composite Fractal Behaviour (Jurik) or something else?

Also can the discussion in the thread be extended to the other aspects of MM? Like what're the known ways to calculate the PS using Entry Price, SL & Target price? Do we need to factor in the leverage as well?

Regards

kkseal

Would request Asishda, Oxy, CV & others to enlighten us a bit on the Statistical aspects & concepts (no need to give away actual trading methods)

Regards

kkseal

Henceforth this thread may be used only for suggestions (limited to the Advanced sections). For queries related to specific Adv threads, the same may be posted in the appropriate shadow thread. (Please chk if a shadow thread for your query already exists before starting a new one)

Regards

karthikmarar

kalyan's adea of shadow thread seems quite good. There are many knaowledgable members here who are elegible to post in the advanced threads.These members get a chance to post question relevant questions there. And like kalyan suggested good posts can be moved/copied by the modrator to the advanced threads.

oxusmorouz

This is w.r.t. the Anatomy of a Trailing SL thread started by Oxy.

My question is with regard to the strength indicator shown on the charts posted. Is this the Hull MA or some form of the Composite Fractal Behaviour (Jurik) or something else?
It uses Jurik CFB. The purpose of having a trend strength indicator is to have a low reaction speed in non trending markets and a faster reaction speed in trending markets.

D

darsh_goswami

Thx oxy for ur explaination,
Though I dont own Jurik, will go for it , if its that worthy.
darsh

kkseal

kalyan's adea of shadow thread seems quite good. There are many knaowledgable members here who are elegible to post in the advanced threads.These members get a chance to post question relevant questions there. And like kalyan suggested good posts can be moved/copied by the modrator to the advanced threads.
Thanks Karthik. I think this scheme will give everyone a fair chance to participate. We may have some very knowledgeable members who have joined recently &/or may not be prolific posters. They to will be now able to contribute. At the same time we can keep the Advanced section free of junk/trivia.

A standardized nomenclature for the shadow threads can be adopted like

Shadow - <Adv thread name>

It would be even better if the Adv thread starters themselves start the shadow thread & post a link to the same in the 1st post of the concerned Adv thread. This way other members will know where to post their queries, responses etc. while the Adv thread owner (& other participants) will know where to check for the same. All other threads, that might have been started with a similar purpose, will be ignored. This will prevent a proliferation of shadow threads.

Regards