Questions for Everyone (Free Data)

vgft

Hi guys,

I am thinking of setting up a delivery platform for giving out EOD data for NSE Cash/CurrencyDerivatives and maybe FO. Perhaps BSE too.

History: 4-5 years. Updates: Daily. Format: CSV.

So, the questions:

Q1. Would you pay for it (say Rs 1000/year) or would it be better if it was free but supported by ads (google adsense or other stuff).
Q2. What's your prefered format? or is CSV fine & usable.
Q3. Would you like it to be delivered to email or perfer a downloadable zip file.

I am trying to guage if there is a market for this; I don't want to make big bucks or anything; the market's for that :clap: but i wouldn't mind some small income (from ads or subscriptions).

Also, I don't want to waste my time setting up this, if nobody uses it. :p

So is there a market for this?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

This data is already available from NSE sites. Unless you doing value addition then its better to keep it free with ADs. See how it goes. if it goes good then AD will generate you more money then on charge basis.
But i dont think there is any big market for this.

prabhsingh

There are hell lots of tools available which provided EOD data for free.You will be able to do value addition and hence attract customers if you can provide Intra-day data and that too very accurate.

manishchan

Yes agree.. there are many tools available for EOD data. If you can do something to provide IEOD data for more than 1 month... then I'm sure many will be interested. :)

Hi guys,

I am thinking of setting up a delivery platform for giving out EOD data for NSE Cash/CurrencyDerivatives and maybe FO. Perhaps BSE too.

History: 4-5 years. Updates: Daily. Format: CSV.

So, the questions:

Q1. Would you pay for it (say Rs 1000/year) or would it be better if it was free but supported by ads (google adsense or other stuff).
Q2. What's your prefered format? or is CSV fine & usable.
Q3. Would you like it to be delivered to email or perfer a downloadable zip file.

I am trying to guage if there is a market for this; I don't want to make big bucks or anything; the market's for that :clap: but i wouldn't mind some small income (from ads or subscriptions).

Also, I don't want to waste my time setting up this, if nobody uses it. :p

So is there a market for this?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.
No point in doing this. There are many fine tools available that do more than just give out EOD data.

Check out chartnexus, you get EOD at the click of a button and much much more.

Simply delivering is not enough, after getting the EOD you need something to chart it and there are plenty of advanced charting packages that can do that.

So unless you have some really new idea that no one ever had thought so far , its best not to venture in this direction and waste your time and money.

vgft

THANKS for the replies guys.

The data I am talking about would be for delivery to Metastock or Amibroker or any other software that accepts CSV format. But yes, it would be EOD for Cash and Currency and maybe Futures.

I could use the same data to create a chart - but that would be bit overkill. I assumed most people here would like to use some software or the other. So deliverying a CSV everyday would assure updation.

Regarding Intra-day - tick data for me is out of the question. :-D What other frequency would be acceptable? 5,10,15 mins?

@ manishchan - what does "IEOD data for more than 1 month." mean? Sorry I didn't understand IEOD?

manishchan

THANKS for the replies guys.

The data I am talking about would be for delivery to Metastock or Amibroker or any other software that accepts CSV format. But yes, it would be EOD for Cash and Currency and maybe Futures.

I could use the same data to create a chart - but that would be bit overkill. I assumed most people here would like to use some software or the other. So deliverying a CSV everyday would assure updation.

Regarding Intra-day - tick data for me is out of the question. :-D What other frequency would be acceptable? 5,10,15 mins?

@ manishchan - what does "IEOD data for more than 1 month." mean? Sorry I didn't understand IEOD?

EOD data in csv or txt that can be fed to Amibroker or Metastock are easily available thats what all the repies indicated so there is nothing great if u develop another tool. Why... coz there already such free tools available.

IEOD means Intra EOD data.there are tools availble to download up to 15 days of 1min data. And all these tools are free. That is why I said that if you can create tool to download intraday 1 min data which pulls data for more than 15 days-1 month..it may be usefull