Question for all.!!

jallanankit

This may sound very lame for all here..
Is it so very difficult for getting 5 points or 10 points in a scrip like BNF future everytime?? 2 to 3 trades per day..!!
(Even on a flip a coin method)

I was away all this time from markets and after having trying a return back, I am looking for something different..!!

Those who wish to comment anything on this are welcomed..!!

I understand that a scrip like BNF hovering around 12 13k has a brokerage of 5 points or so.. but still answer the question..

Possibly with all (IFs and BUTs)
Thank u for your time

jallanankit

This is meant to be a discussion thread. No system made..So no afl requests like last time pls.. The idea behind this will be explained once I get some thought process from seniors and juniors here..

Good nyt for now..!! TC
God bless..

rkkarnani

Is it so very difficult for getting 5 points or 10 points in a scrip like BNF future everytime?? 2 to 3 trades per day..!!

I was away all this time from markets and after having trying a return back, I am looking for something different..!!

I understand that a scrip like BNF hovering around 12 13k has a brokerage of 5 points or so.. but still answer the question..

Thank u for your time
I think its difficult rather impossible to get 5 or 10 points from BNF "everytime" ! Never tried it but speculating only because I have seen BNF moving by~5 points in seconds! So BNF is not for Scalping. At times you can see the spread exceeding 5 points.
But with proper strategy SL and Target , I know people who make 100 points (Net) in BNF every week. They claim that since 18th October 2010 (The day NSE started the pre-market session) there have been just 8 loosing weeks till 31st Dec 2012 and none of the loosing weeks had a loss of more than 80 points.

I would suggest to look for 5 to 10 points in Nifty rather than in BNF, may be NF would be easier to give the desired returns.

jallanankit

I think its difficult rather impossible to get 5 or 10 points from BNF "everytime" ! Never tried it but speculating only because I have seen BNF moving by~5 points in seconds! So BNF is not for Scalping. At times you can see the spread exceeding 5 points.
But with proper strategy SL and Target , I know people who make 100 points (Net) in BNF every week. They claim that since 18th October 2010 (The day NSE started the pre-market session) there have been just 8 loosing weeks till 31st Dec 2012 and none of the loosing weeks had a loss of more than 80 points.

I would suggest to look for 5 to 10 points in Nifty rather than in BNF, may be NF would be easier to give the desired returns.
Thank you for the advice..
I question on ur say..!!
Since u say that BNF moves 5 points in seconds.. Do u think it will be so hard to capture that 5 point ??
I raised this question on that only..!!

rh6996

Thank you for the advice..
I question on ur say..!!
Since u say that BNF moves 5 points in seconds.. Do u think it will be so hard to capture that 5 point ??
I raised this question on that only..!!
Problem is "predicting" which side would BNF move by 5 points !
Also the spread in Bid and Offer is almost ~ 5 Points, most of the times.

Thank u for your time
To answer this question you have to consider Reward/Risk balance of the trade....BNF moves 5 points in no time but the same holds good when it moves against us. Ideally if one can make 5 points if the trade goes in favour and looses 2 points if it goes against us then it is great but it is not practical. You need 20-25 points to understand that the trade is going against you. So even if you make 7 correct trades out of total 10 trades ,you make 7x5= 35 points on correct trades but the 3 trades which are going to be loosers are going to take away 3X20=60 points and we have not considered brokerage and taxes in this equation which if considered , make the things worse. So it is a loosing proposition even if you make 70 % successful trades.

For traders this concept of Reward /Risk is very important in deciding how we trade.

Smart_trade

jallanankit

Thanks for ur views.. RH, RKK, and ST..

If ST views are to be considered.. scalping on what RR to be considered.. At RH, Also wat makes u say SBI as a good candidate..

jallanankit

To answer this question you have to consider Reward/Risk balance of the trade....BNF moves 5 points in no time but the same holds good when it moves against us. Ideally if one can make 5 points if the trade goes in favour and looses 2 points if it goes against us then it is great but it is not practical. You need 20-25 points to understand that the trade is going against you. So even if you make 7 correct trades out of total 10 trades ,you make 7x5= 35 points on correct trades but the 3 trades which are going to be loosers are going to take away 3X20=60 points and we have not considered brokerage and taxes in this equation which if considered , make the things worse. So it is a loosing proposition even if you make 70 % successful trades.

For traders this concept of Reward /Risk is very important in deciding how we trade.

Smart_trade
Sir, u r very right with the RR concept.. I am asking, in a scrip like BNF which has enough liquidity and there are opportunities when the 5 point trend is clear.. With this I wish to mean that BNF moves around 50 points in 2 mins when its going in any direction.. And that happens atleast 5 times in a day.. Considering this, if 5 points are to considered(thrice in a day), out of say 25 or 30 points move which happens several times in a day.. Is it so very difficult.. GIve ur views on this.. Regarding brokerage and taxes, I have got a plan.. Will get to that only once, I can assure myself with this.. Also lemme know the chances of such 5 pointer trades in every 10 trades..

Idea is 3 5-pointer trades a day, giving 15 points and 20 trading days, giving 300 BNF points every month..

Total 60 trades.. 5 point each trade.. 300 points per month..

(Brok and Taxes not considered)