Query on Placing Limit Orders????

Hi all,

I have the query on Limit orders in non trading hours

The last traded price of the share xyz is Rs.599.00.

Say I place a limit order on xyz at Rs.600.00 Morning 7.00 AM.

When the Market opens @ 10.00 Am it is going to list @ 610.00.

Here I m having the confusion that whether my order is surely execute or it will wail till the price reduce to 600.00

Please clear the ambiguous..

Thanks

rkkarnani

Hi all,

Here I m having the confusion that whether my order is surely execute or it will wail till the price reduce to 600.00

Thanks
One cannot place orders before market opens!!

H

hari09omkar

Hi all,

Thanks
FROM MY PAST EXPERIENCE,IF PRICE OPENS HIGHER THAN UR LIMIT ORDER,UR ORDER WILL NOT BE EXECUTED TILL THE LTP COMES TO UR PRICE AND THERE IS A SELLER IN THIS PRICE.

If your limit order for Rs.600.00 is for selling,LTP need not come down to Rs.600.00.Selling will be @ limit price or even above that if there is a buyer.

madhava36

rkkarnani

U can place the limit orders of your desired price from any time before market opens. So it will be in requested status and it will be executed once the market opens.
Thanks for your responce. Please also clarify :
Can I place order a day before for execution the next day OR do i have to place the order the day it is to be traded?

During sun outage can I place limit order to be executed on opening of the mkt after sunoutage?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
-R K Karnani

Thanks for your responce. Please also clarify :
Can I place order a day before for execution the next day OR do i have to place the order the day it is to be traded?

During sun outage can I place limit order to be executed on opening of the mkt after sunoutage?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
-R K Karnani

Yes u can place the order on the day it has going to execute and even @ sunoutage time also..