query about sebi research analyst regulations 2014

Akrg

I have a doubt.Is it illegal to maintain a blog which gives BUY/SELL Ideas; according to
SEBI Research Analysts Regulations 2014. I have been maintaining a blog for past 8 months, Need to think about continuing it if the sebi bans such things.
Anyone can help me on this matter?

Why don't you apply for the SEBI RA ?

It will only cost 10k for 5 years and you will be able to continue what you were doing, just keeping in mind that you will have to keep report of every calls you post.

Best,
Kanak

Akrg

It will only cost 10k for 5 years and you will be able to continue what you were doing, just keeping in mind that you will have to keep report of every calls you post.

Best,
Kanak
Do I need to have any certification for that?(like nism/ ncfm)

I have a doubt.Is it illegal to maintain a blog which gives BUY/SELL Ideas; according to
SEBI Research Analysts Regulations 2014. I have been maintaining a blog for past 8 months, Need to think about continuing it if the sebi bans such things.
Anyone can help me on this matter?
Hi Akrg,

As per the clarification provided by SEBI in FAQs to RA regulations, if you provide views only on blogs/public media, then you are not required to register. However, you would need to fulfill certain other disclosure and trading related requirements.

For more details please read: Do you need to register with SEBI before giving opinion about stocks?

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Vijay

Best,
Kanak
Hi Kanak,

As per SEBI regulations, apart from keeping report of every opinion expressed, the registered analyst also needs to company to certain other conditions like:

have a net worth of minimum INR 1 lakh (0.1 million)
have written internal policies and control procedures
keep adequate documentary basis for her opinions
keep signed copies of all her expressed opinions
keep record for all such opinions for minimum five years
have annual audits from a chartered accountant
appoint a compliance officer to monitor her compliance to RA regulations.

However, as mentioned by me in reply to Akrg, as per clarificatory FAQs from SEBI on regulations, it seems registration is not mandatory if opinions are expressed only on public media. Though one needs to follow certain disclosure requirement and trading restrictions.

For details you may read: Do you need to register with SEBI before giving opinion about stocks?

Regards,
Vijay

Hi Kanak,

As per SEBI regulations, apart from keeping report of every opinion expressed, the registered analyst also needs to company to certain other conditions like:

have a net worth of minimum INR 1 lakh (0.1 million)
have written internal policies and control procedures
keep adequate documentary basis for her opinions
keep signed copies of all her expressed opinions
keep record for all such opinions for minimum five years
have annual audits from a chartered accountant
appoint a compliance officer to monitor her compliance to RA regulations.

However, as mentioned by me in reply to Akrg, as per clarificatory FAQs from SEBI on regulations, it seems registration is not mandatory if opinions are expressed only on public media. Though one needs to follow certain disclosure requirement and trading restrictions.

For details you may read: Do you need to register with SEBI before giving opinion about stocks?

Regards,
Vijay
Hey Vijay,

Thank you so much for quit a descriptive clarification. I just had gone through bits about the RA regulation.

Please let me know any other bits and pieces related to RA Regulation.

Best,
Kanak

Traderji

Super Moderator

iggi

Guys, I have a question
Can a NISM certified research analyst registered with SEBI offer advisory services in equities & derivatives including the Index?
I don't see index mentioned anywhere..