Queries on RTdata feed for MS

ash.paul

Hi all,
I am new to charting softwares and to traderji, recently looking for metastock pro for real time to trade in indian markets(futures as my instrument). But before buying that I would like your advice if possible pls.
1.What is actually data feed?
2.What is the difference between quotecentre and esignal for meta-stock?
3.As I am already trading but with odin diet platform provided by religare which give the live market watch so can i link it to metastock so i dont have to buy RT datafeed(quotecentre or e-signal), assuming that datafeed is the real time market watch or data provided from exchange. if so then is it recomendable??

please please correct me if I am wrong and provide me with solution so that i can get to some conclusion.
I am open to any advice and will truly appreciate your time and support.
Cheers!!
Ash

rkkarnani

Hi all,
I am new to charting softwares and to traderji, recently looking for metastock pro for real time to trade in indian markets(futures as my instrument). But before buying that I would like your advice if possible pls.
3.As I am already trading but with odin diet platform provided by religare which give the live market watch so can i link it to metastock so i dont have to buy RT datafeed(quotecentre or e-signal), assuming that datafeed is the real time market watch or data provided from exchange. if so then is it recomendable??

please please correct me if I am wrong and provide me with solution so that i can get to some conclusion.
Cheers!!
Ash
Disclaimer : I may be wrong!!!!!
01. Metastock versions before Metastock 10 are not compatible with eSignal data feed. I am not sure about Version 10!!!
02. You cannot link the data from Odin Diet to Metastock RT Pro.
03. Dont know about quote centre.

Best is to write to the quote centre , eSignal people direcr and also visit the equis site for more details on Metastock.

I do use Metastock 8.0 for RT charts but use a paid service for RT data . The data is delayed by about 20 to 30 seconds!!!

Regards
R K Karnani

milkyblack

Disclaimer : I may be wrong!!!!!
01. Metastock versions before Metastock 10 are not compatible with eSignal data feed. I am not sure about Version 10!!!
02. You cannot link the data from Odin Diet to Metastock RT Pro.
03. Dont know about quote centre.

Best is to write to the quote centre , eSignal people direcr and also visit the equis site for more details on Metastock.

I do use Metastock 8.0 for RT charts but use a paid service for RT data . The data is delayed by about 20 to 30 seconds!!!

Regards
R K Karnani
Sir,

Could you please share which data service provider do you use and the charge. Is it tick data or minute/5min data!

Thanks

Regars

milkyblack

Hi all,

Cheers!!
Ash
Someone suggest me too :)
As far as I have used the ODIN data to charting s/w ... I did not like it(my view :))

Regards

rkkarnani

Someone suggest me too :)
As far as I have used the ODIN data to charting s/w ... I did not like it(my view :))

Regards
Milky did u use Odin data or Odin Diet data to charting S/w!!! There is , i am told some difference in OPdin and Diet Odin!!??
What were u using to link the data and the Odin???

rkkarnani

Sir,

Could you please share which data service provider do you use and the charge. Is it tick data or minute/5min data!

Thanks

Regars
Milky its a 5 minutes data ... i.e. bars generated in metastock are in 5 min. interval but the data is updated every 20/30 seconds...
Is against the rules here to post the names.....???

milkyblack

Milky did u use Odin data or Odin Diet data to charting S/w!!! There is , i am told some difference in OPdin and Diet Odin!!??
What were u using to link the data and the Odin???
Sir,

ODIN diet! Paid services are better. Nothing comes for free.
I used a s/w to link. As u mentioned above against the rules to disclose the name :D So will tell you individually.

Regards

H

hari09omkar

Is against the rules here to post the names.....???
Not at all.We know u r not a spammer.
In Kolkata for 5 min. MS data,stoxtrend has made a name for themselves.If one is not a scalper of high frequency,then they are good.They are ideal for a 60/30/10 minute trader.
Now,tell me who is using what for their MS or Ami.

D

darsh_goswami

Sir,

ODIN diet! Paid services are better. Nothing comes for free.
I used a s/w to link. As u mentioned above against the rules to disclose the name :D So will tell you individually.

Regards
Milky ,..
The people who r using Odin Diet like u .. should go and get paid service coz ODIN DIET is a really problem child in writting data. and there are very few interface which can fetch proper data from odin.

The people using PIB / TTadvance ,.. they can have some relief in this case. But thre too data are delayed ( due to Pib/TTadvance prob).

Yeah , one good news can be for people like us ,.. now adays competition is getting tough in data providers, we r having plenty of chance to get cheap and reliable subscription.

About fetching data from other softwares, its written alot on this site. But remember my friends , THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH.

and yeah RK ,.. MS8/9 pro with Esignal accepts feeds from Esignal. But infact MS10 can not as MS10 is EOD . and if u want latest one , MS10.1 pro with Esignal is latest one for RT. for costs and other querries u may visit www.equis.com .

Regards,..
Darsh