Qualities of a good trader

These are the most common ones, in my opinion:
1. A good grasp of trading concepts
2. Knows how to control emotions at any given time or in any situation, even when trading seems almost ‘impossible’.
3. Is determined to trade, no matter what happens.
4. Is not greedy.
5. Follows or believes in themselves.
6. Discipline and consistency are almost like their ‘natural faculty’.

Consider a trader to be a good trader if that trader has these qualities:
1. Consistency, i.e. no excuses for not doing trading.
2. Disciplined attitude, which means that a trader is disciplined no matter what is going on, or ‘if I have to do it, I have to do it’ attitude.
3. Complete control of emotions while trading.
4. Understanding the importance of patience.
5. Not giving up quickly
6. A clear understanding of the market.
7. Applying proper risk management to prevent the risks involved.

Anyone can make profits but only a good trader can make consistent profits. Call it the trader’s discipline to trade only when he is ready or the mindset that doesn’t allow taking unnecessary risks. For a trader to be called a good trader, it’s essential to learn patience because overnight success is not possible in the stock market.

There is a Chinese proverb => Think Before You Jump! (for us - Think Before You Open A Trade!)

IMO, patience is the key to success in intraday trading. Because most of the time, the entry price and direction of the trade decide your success or failure; so have some patience to Think Before You Open A Trade!

The most important quality is being adaptable even when the market situation turns unfavourable. A good trader should be able to make the most out of every situation using their knowledge and skills. A good trader will never panic even during a crash as they will have a backup plan to deal with such a crisis and remain calm in uncertain times.

Acknowledging where it is required. Many traders do not accept or acknowledge their failures or mistakes as they are not honest even with themselves. Good traders will never do so. They will acknowledge where they made a mistake and move ahead.

A good trader understands the importance of a strong trading plan, is patient and consistent in effort and hard work, learns from their mistakes and makes the most out of every opportunity that comes their way!