PyDownloader

rmike

.download starts from A till N......
@okabira, not able to replicate this at my end. That is not to say that it didn't happen or cannot happen again. The next time it happens, just upload a screenshot and copy of the TickerList for fault ascertainment

The utility doesn't get tickers alphabetically. It may have appeared like that because you probably exported an alphabetically ordered list from amibroker for copying in TickerList. Most likely a 'comma' or some other artefact got inadvertently included in the process of copy-paste which interrupted the process flow

rmike

@rmike, can the maximum no of tickers be increased to 200 or 300 please?
Hi @trump this is just to address the urgent need for reliable backfill by genuine intraday retail traders (who, actually, would need far less than even 50 tickers). It is not anticipated for this utility to be used apart from - when opening the terminal late and power/ network interruption and/ or broker terminal glitches leading to a data gap, during trading

People can backfill more than 100 symbols IEOD after trading hours when there's absolutely no rush and a bit of manual work is not a hinderance to trading. Simply use multiple lists with the same name 'TickerList' and manually substitute the list(s) for each run of the utility

So you see, that while a check has been built-in to prevent unscrupulous abuse (which such utilities are very prone to), a genuinely undercapitalized retail trader is in no way hindered for usage during trading hours as well as for backfilling a larger tickerbase for analysis, after trading hours

I hope you appreciate that!

Cheerio!!!

Last edited:

rmike

CAN YOU TRY LINK IT DIRECTLY WITH AMIBROKER FOR rt DATA. aS EVERY 5 SEC REFRESH AND TO FETCH LTP FROM GOOGLE FINANCE . ELSE CAN SHARE SOURCE CODE
No, the utility is not meant for that! And don't abuse google's URL like that, otherwise this service too would eventually be stopped, just like yahoo!!! (The same way that access has been denied for the link which you posted!)

The source code is no secret. The utility itself displays credit to the person who wrote it! Just google with the name & you'll get it!

trump

I w
Hi @trump this is just to address the urgent need for reliable backfill by genuine intraday retail traders (who, actually, would need far less than even 50 tickers). It is not anticipated for this utility to be used apart from - when opening the terminal late and power/ network interruption leading to data gap, during trading

People can backfill more than 100 symbols IEOD after trading hours when there's absolutely no rush and a bit of manual work is not a hindrance for trading. Simply use multiple lists with the same name 'TickerList' and manually substitute the list(s) for each run of the utility

So you see, that while a check has been built-in to prevent abuse (which such utilities are very prone to), a genuinely undercapitalized retail trader is in no way hindered for usage during trading hours as well as for backfilling a larger tickerbase for analysis, after trading hours

I hope you appreciate that!

Cheerio!!!
I was using it after market hours mostly, and doing it as you said, manipulating the ticker list, doesn't take much time works like charm, thanks for the gud work for the community.

PUCHU_2500

I can not download pydownloader .exe file.......my K7 shows "high security threat found"......what should I do ? pls, help me

okabira

It may have appeared like that because you probably exported an alphabetically ordered list from amibroker for copying in TickerList. Most likely a 'comma' or some other artefact got inadvertently included in the process of copy-paste which interrupted the process flow
I did look for any comma or something , everything worked until NIFTY and stocks after that.
Looked again ... something there ........ [REMOVES A SPACE in NIFTY] *sigh

now retrieving 15 Days .. no problem
Thanks once again
Cheerio!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Intraday 140