PyDownloader Reloaded

biggles

That's stupendous. Thanks, bro. A 'labour of love,' so to speak.

Also, do tell how to send out an 'SOS' when Yahoo and cohorts get out of hand.

Now to download said distro

rmike

BTW ......

For others who already have or for future others who wish to download the link n put the utility through it's paces :), by the very fact that you've not turned right around and fetched up here complaining, it can be safely assumed that it's working for you! I know y'all guys are busy people doing important things! Me, .... I am just the guy who had all the time in the world to dust off an old distro. Notwithstanding the fact that it provided more than adequated mileage, bug free, for well nigh 3 years - the Y fin changes had to be investigated, worked around and implemented for redesign, recompilation and redistribution - all in the mid of a work week - purely on behest of a friend!!!

So .... the least one can do is to thank the 'upgrade' post so that in future when this same saga plays out due to some Y Fin change or other and I recieve a distress message, at Least I can come to know from your nick on that post that it's from a user and is not just some random spam from some current bot (the forum appears to have been infiltrated by quite a few bots) over here masquerading as a member!!! I guess the uncommon times that we live in has made people tightfisted in more ways than one!!!

Regards,

TracerBullet

BTW ......

For others who already have or for future others who wish to download the link n put the utility through it's paces :), by the very fact that you've not turned right around and fetched up here complaining, it can be safely assumed that it's working for you! I know y'all guys are busy people doing important things! Me, .... I am just the guy who had all the time in the world to dust off an old distro. Notwithstanding the fact that it provided more than adequated mileage, bug free, for well nigh 3 years - the Y fin changes had to be investigated, worked around and implemented for redesign, recompilation and redistribution - all in the mid of a work week - purely on behest of a friend!!!

So .... the least one can do is to thank the 'upgrade' post so that in future when this same saga plays out due to some Y Fin change or other and I recieve a distress message, at Least I can come to know from your nick on that post that it's from a user and is not just some random spam from some current bot (the forum appears to have been infiltrated by quite a few bots) over here masquerading as a member!!! I guess the uncommon times that we live in has made people tightfisted in more ways than one!!!

Regards,
This forum is a lot less active now, many people shifted to other channels ...

rmike

Just curious
What is this threat, though not a problem for downloading data

Why AVAST, throwing this type of threat, some times
For distributed Python binaries/ apps, the Python environment has to be bundled in for them to run on a target machine ( the QtWidgets is part of python's associated library framework ) wherein python is not installed, the bundling is in the form of bytecode which typically raises a 'generic' flag in an antivirus as some malicious programs employ low level bytecode!!!

Unless MS decides to incorporate a native python kernel as a standard OS inclusion, such nags will likely remain! For the present, the solution is to add the app folder as an 'excluded' item/ location in AV settings!

Regards,

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Intraday 315
V Introductions 0