PyDownloader Reloaded

biggles

Apparently you're trying to launch PyD as a MS process akin to a DLL ......

You're required to download desired data by launching the utility as an exe process
The resultant output in the Data folder can then be imported into MS

No. That's only meant for Amibroker import

Since I've never used MS, so can't help you with specifics .......

But conceptually (from what I was given to understand by MS users) in this thread ....

http://www.inditraders.com/data/11479-pydownloader-5.html#post235612

It appears that MS has an attendant Downloader, somewhat akin to Import Wizard in Amibroker
The Downloader can be utilized to import Txt/ CSV data into MS after configuring it as per the content of the datafile (eg columns, headers, lines to be skipped etc). Once the config is saved, it probably creates an internal format file in the MS ecosystem somewhere (I am guesstimating here :) but it stands to logic). And the data can then be imported

For specifics it'd probably be better to talk to the MS users in the thread indicated above, since they've already been there and done that!!! It would probably also make you better acquainted with your TA platform :)

Apart from that @suvo1987 can be prevailed upon to post the requisite steps in detail, here in this thread, for the benefit of the MS community, since he's a member here too!!!

Cheerio!!!
Thanks for that.

OK Part One
You're required to download desired data by launching the utility as an exe process. Duh!! So its not to be launched ? I did as it is a exe setup file. this is the shortcut on the desktop
Capture.PNG

Part Two. Got that. You're spot on

rmike

SO what did i do wrong? I get a blank cmd prompt screen when i launch the program
Its important to read up on all the help info in the thread

In particular, read post #5
Coming to the subject of utility functioning

- Upon launch you'll see a blank console window while the python environment loads. This could take a bit of time (variable as per your rig's juice) so be patient :)

rmike

What's your OS?

Either the utility does not have rights to write temp files for loading python environment

OR

Likely that your antivirus is acting up!!! Do you happen to have McAffee installed??!!!

Anyway, exclude the PyDownloader folder & contents from AV misadventures

Post Feedback!!!

biggles

Hi Mike,
Back to base and loaded the PyDownloader right away. It set up like a charm and did its thing?

But, but there's no output? Or installation folder or any sign that it exists. I attach a pic of the screen with the C drive in the background. A search of the folder, tickerlist etc on the drives returned zilch. Can you have a look? I could set up teamviewer if that helps
thanks

rmike

Thats the point. there's no PyDownloader folder in the C drive or any other drive
How did you launch PyDownloader???

If it was from a link on your desktop OR in your 'Start Menu' folder - Then right click that link. Open 'Properties' and locate 'Target' path. Copy the path into your explorer nav bar and you'll be taken to the location where the PyDownloader folder has been installed on your rig!!!

The non presence of the folder on your 'C' drive may likely be due to interference by your AV software!!!

Check the 'Quarantine' log of your AV software. It may have the entry for the same!!!

Anyhow, follow these steps -

- Uninstall previous installation of PyDownloader if you are able to locate the installed folder by the method(s) described above

- Disconnect from the net. Pause/ disable your AV

- Reinstall PyDownloader with Admin rights!!!

- With the AV disabled, add the folder and the exe process to the exclusion list of your AV!!!

- Enable AV. Check if folder is not again being interfered with

- Connect to the net. Run PyDownloader as Administrator

- Submit feedback!!!

BTW -
wilco over the weekend
That was some seriously looong weekend that you happened to be on!!!

& BTW

lREjsA.png

Go Figure!!!! ;):rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Intraday 315
V Introductions 0