PyDownloader Reloaded

biggles

I'm way outa my depth here, think it may be little bit more ... Installed as Admin and without the AV(comodo). Its the same result as depicted in the pic.
However a thorough and meticulous search :) of C drive established the presence of Aliens in the form C:\VTRoot etc (Capn its ina code I caynt unstan') Anyway its still unlocatable :(

Py.PNG

rmike

Well ..... since the PyDownloader console is still indicating the location as C:\PyDownloader BUT you cannot see it, the logical inference is that the folder may be (for whatever earthly reason) hidden

Go to control panel

Click on 'Folder Options' - Go to the 'View' tab

Enable 'Show hidden files, folders and drives'

Also tick 'Show Drive letters'

Click 'Apply' & 'Ok'

Look for the PyDownloader Folder in C: drive

Submit Feedback

biggles

Thanks for the offsite support( hope that's da word, mot juste so to speak :) ). I think it was the AV. Its up and running
Thanks genius thumbs up :)

rmike

I think it was the AV
Nevertheless, you better give serious thought to having your rig checked out for a resident infection!

Most AVs tend to quarantine what their scan throws up

Unusual to find that an AV would actually decide to hide what it deemed as not being kosher!!! - Unless, of course, the reason for the folder to end up as being hidden is due to something else entirely!!!

biggles

Nevertheless, you better give serious thought to having your rig checked out for a resident infection!

Most AVs tend to quarantine what their scan throws up

Unusual to find that an AV would actually decide to hide what it deemed as not being kosher!!! - Unless, of course, the reason for the folder to end up as being hidden is due to something else entirely!!!
I think it sent it into that darn sandbox. EVEN when I had exited the AV.
However when i set it up with the AV running ( last gasp effort before I quit for good) the AV pop up gave a clue as to what it was up to.
All good ween me and the AV now
And working like a charm

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Intraday 315
V Introductions 0