PyDownloader Reloaded

Thanks for the information @rmike. am in need of historical IEOD data, dint quite understood some words you used like "TB/ Josh's RTD" "Josh's ABCD & Hemen's GBC". can you please suggest what might be the best free source for getting IEOD stocks data for last 5-6 years? need that for backtesting purpose in python.
TB/Josh'sRTD - TracerBullet/Josh1 RTD (TJ members) - they developed a tool to pull real time IEOD data from trading terminal
ABCD - tool developed by Josh1 to download EOD data
Hemen's GBC - tool developed by Hemen Kapadia to download EOD data

Hello rmike sir and users ,
I downloaded PyD_v1.0 and I have only 1 script AUROPHARMA.NS . I use Amibroker.
Cmd window says program terminated . It does not ask.... do you want to continue y/n.
I am attaching 2 pictures here.

Also Data does get downloaded and imported in amibroker .
Pl help .
Thank you

EDIT : I reinstalled by downloading again still problem is there.

rmike

Hello rmike sir and users ,
I downloaded PyD_v1.0 and I have only 1 script AUROPHARMA.NS . I use Amibroker.
Cmd window says program terminated . It does not ask.... do you want to continue y/n.

Also Data does get downloaded and imported in amibroker .
Pl help
The problem is in your TickerList.txt file!!!

There is likely an 'empty space entry' below the AUROPHARMA.NS line
When the utility reads the next line, it takes the 'empty space entry' and fires off the query. Since the query URL does not accept the 'empty space entry' it cannot be resolved. Therefore, from the utility's point of view, the outcome is similar to URL/ net connection not being available - Which is precisely the message it flashes before exiting!!!

If you were to open the Error Log.txt in the PyDownloader installation, it would express the same error in code terms i.e

An Exception Occurred - list index out of range

Solution - Just open TickerList.txt. Place your cursor at the end of the first line (i.e next to and after the 'S' of '.NS' and press delete for five to six times (for good measure :) ). Save the file & close. Run the utility again, check results and post feedback. No further help will be provided if feedback is not posted!!!

P.S - Since we're on the topic of feedback - In the absence of the same from MetaStock users, I am assuming that they are a happy bunch with v1.1. I am going to be monitoring this thread for only a couple days more. So don't fetch up griping after that about the fact that nobody told you so!!!

Cheerio!!!

Last edited:
The problem is in your TickerList.txt file!!!

There is likely an 'empty space entry' below the AUROPHARMA.NS line
Solution - Just open TickerList.txt. Place your cursor at the end of the first line (i.e next to and after the 'S' of '.NS' and press delete for five to six times (for good measure :) ). Save the file & close. Run the utility again, check results and post feedback. No further help will be provided if feedback is not posted!!!
Cheerio!!!

I Pressed delete 5-6 times after .NS in tickerfile and it is working and PyD is not exiting .
Thank you rmike sir .

biggles

He
All Right......

Since all concerned are in apparent agreement regarding the MetaStock compatible output format .....

Link is attached for PyD_v1.1 Setup

Output is in the form of txt files with Date Time in MS format and a Ticker column in addition!!!

The format would be as per the example(s) in post #18 with the exception that -

- There's no OI column as Yahoo doesn't provide that info intraday

- The utility essentially being a basic downloader for quick backfills during market hours (in conjunction with RTD) or IEOD for those who missed out being in front of the terminal for the day(s) - there's (obviously) no feature for downloading EOD data (lest you get misled by the posted EOD format in post #18)!!!

Amibroker users desirous of using this, for deriving psychological comfort from the 'extra' Ticker column, would be required to place the attendant PyD_1.1.format file in the Amibroker Formats Folder for ASCII Import!!!

The download speed would tend to be a tad (somewhat) slower in comparison ..... but then, you have already been warned ........ and all that Jazz!!! :)

C'est La Vie!!!

Cheerio!!!
Hey Mike,

thanks for the on-da-button programming and prompt response. You're a genius :)

was off the grid, so let me give a run-over and will feed in the feedback :)
thanks

rmike

Hey Mike, a minor Snafu. Maybe i did something wrong ( I'm click n play IQ)
Apparently you're trying to launch PyD as a MS process akin to a DLL ......

You're required to download desired data by launching the utility as an exe process
The resultant output in the Data folder can then be imported into MS

Does the PyD format file go in the metastock data folder?
No. That's only meant for Amibroker import

Since I've never used MS, so can't help you with specifics .......

But conceptually (from what I was given to understand by MS users) in this thread ....

http://www.inditraders.com/data/11479-pydownloader-5.html#post235612

It appears that MS has an attendant Downloader, somewhat akin to Import Wizard in Amibroker
The Downloader can be utilized to import Txt/ CSV data into MS after configuring it as per the content of the datafile (eg columns, headers, lines to be skipped etc). Once the config is saved, it probably creates an internal format file in the MS ecosystem somewhere (I am guesstimating here :) but it stands to logic). And the data can then be imported

For specifics it'd probably be better to talk to the MS users in the thread indicated above, since they've already been there and done that!!! It would probably also make you better acquainted with your TA platform :)

Apart from that @suvo1987 can be prevailed upon to post the requisite steps in detail, here in this thread, for the benefit of the MS community, since he's a member here too!!!

Cheerio!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Intraday 315
V Introductions 0