PyAlgoTrade - An excellent open source python library

pannet1

@Pannet What is the strategy that you are going to code?
A very long way to go. Don't expect any useful contribution from me. But basically what I thought was :-

First) Instead of supplying the instrument as an argument, I want the code to scan a set of instruments provided by me in an CSV or something.

Second) I would like to have the money management to be coded by identifying the trend and by checking the current equity. For example we are long and if we are in minus, I would like to flip to short with double the lot. (martingale)

In layman's terms, we download the EOD data of a script, run your predetermined test and show end result the portfolio all in one go with the below one line code

Code:
python program.py script_name

Is it not cool.
This is definitely very useful. Would like to see more posts like this.

Unix

I am in technical programming from last 6 years. I know how PyAlgoTrade works and it is awesome. And always better than AFL, AFL is for non programmers, one needs to keep on running Amibroker and that's not automation.
In case of PyAlgoTrade, one can buy small VM at $20 a month and feed days from Zerodha (In my experience, Zerodha gives wrong data) and run algo in Linux background task.

The problem with people is that they keep on making algos based on Indicators which are off course lagging all the time. The best thing is to build Algo on price actions that will determine support, resistance, their importance level and trade accordingly.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Raju

I am planing to do backfill from datatables using Nest Plus .Does anyone have any python code which could help me in this.
Till now I have done downloading of equity quotes 1min/3min etc from google and stored in csv.If anyone interested I can share this code.Basically have used pandas and already available code on google.
I have also used Tinker for simple GUI.
I wanna try pulling equity/f&o 22 days data from Nest Plus datatables...
Any help in this regards would be appreciated....

I am planing to do backfill from datatables using Nest Plus .Does anyone have any python code which could help me in this.
Till now I have done downloading of equity quotes 1min/3min etc from google and stored in csv.If anyone interested I can share this code.Basically have used pandas and already available code on google.
I have also used Tinker for simple GUI.
I wanna try pulling equity/f&o 22 days data from Nest Plus datatables...
Any help in this regards would be appreciated....
Sir can you share code , I want to learn from it so..

Raju

Sir can you share code , I want to learn from it so..
I would surely share it....Today tried downloading but it is not correctly downloading data. Still I would share for anyone who wants to work on it.

manojborle

In some other thread working url of googe is shared, you can check that and see whether the utility starts working ?