Prospects of Monthly income scheme (Reliance)

Hi,

I have invested Rs 2 Lac in Reliance monthly income scheme. For the last three months it had been paying poorly dividends i.e b/w 300-550 Rs P.M Per Lac .Over and above the price of the unit have also gone down from 2 lacs to 1.95 lac. I am confused over the currentr scenario. Kindly guide through the prospects of the said fund.

Thanks in advance.

ekams

hi friend
if u would have put this amount in co-op banks as senoir citizen then ur rate of interest is 10.5% per annum and for normal it is 9.5%.u may be getting
1500 to 1750 per month with no risk

regards
ekams

milind

Hi,

I have invested Rs 2 Lac in Reliance monthly income scheme. For the last three months it had been paying poorly dividends i.e b/w 300-550 Rs P.M Per Lac .Over and above the price of the unit have also gone down from 2 lacs to 1.95 lac. I am confused over the currentr scenario. Kindly guide through the prospects of the said fund.

Thanks in advance.
When you put money in MIP as against FD, you are assuming risk corresponding to about 20% allocation to equities in those funds. In the long run, equities have been found to give superior returns compared to debt (i.e. FD), but in the short run, they tend to be volatile.

As the previous poster mentioned, interest rates on FDs have risen. If you can not wait patiently for stock market to stop falling, go ahead and invest in FDs.

On the other hand, Reliance MIP is a good fund and okay to stay invested. Note 1% load if you redeem within a year of investment.

-- Milind