Projected Charting

Cactus

OK........We have historical /intraday charts......supports/resitance........wonderfull tools.....like stockhastic & candles........the costly softwares.........even imaginery......points (supp/resit) for next day.

Something is flashing in my mind.........not sure what will be the shape of the thought in near future.......

Can we prepare a projected chart for next day....... and letter-on compare with actual movement........?

Do............the projected charting could be usefull.......?

mahesh2007

what u are contemplating, is called the extrapolation.
But it is successful when the underlying is straight line.

For curves we need tangents and secants, thats why we draw a trendline.
Stock/index charts are zig-zag in nature and is affected by so many factors hence, it shall be nearly impossible to draw the future chart precisely.

But what we can do is predicting the trend by projecting the trendline.

Cactus

But what we can do is predicting the trend by projecting the trendline.

Yes......You are right.

what u are contemplating, is called the extrapolation.
But it is successful when the underlying is straight line.

For curves we need tangents and secants, thats why we draw a trendline.
Stock/index charts are zig-zag in nature and is affected by so many factors hence, it shall be nearly impossible to draw the future chart precisely..
You may be right........

I have some idea but not clear........and till the time.......the thought don't get a clear shape........am unable to say anything.

Cactus

We all know.......Index or stock can trade either up/down or sideways.........

few other terms..........it open with a up-down gap......and go in a certain direction......

2 other situtions could also be there......1st it break down and then goes up or it go up and then go downward.......these are exceptional conditions.....

Well .......I don't have any solution for gap up-down or exceptional conditions ......so I assume it will trade in either direction......and for that we can certainly plot two chart on the basis of support & resitance.

EagleOne

Wah, Iatma bhai! Tum toh market ke parmatama ho gaye ho miaan! :D