Profit Percentage?

Hi all fellow-members,

I was wondering in 2005 what were all member's annualised profit percentages in equity trading?

2005 has been a rollercoaster with many market highs being set and great bull runs. But along with that there has been an almost permanent volatility and many sudden corrections and fast 'mini' crashes. Only experienced traders, i feel would have been able to perform consistently this year. I personally have had numerous bad trades and scary hic-cups this year till present.

Why I ask for the proifit % is so that i know where i stand amongst the more experienced traders and experienced members on this forum, and others could also likewise gauge their own performances.

I dont want to be nosy, so please no one feel offended by me asking a question i know would be personal to some.

My annualised profit is about 85% but lets see how december goes!

shorttermer

shorttermer said:
My annualised profit is about 85% but lets see how december goes!

shorttermer
Congrats. Good profit. How you calculate annualised profit. What is the formula used. Explain with any one example.

hi xtiger,

thanks!

I take my value at the start of the year (cash + value of shares owned), say Rs. 100.

At the point (say October 1st) which i calculated, i had value of Rs 160 (mostly cash), therefore my profit percentage is 60%

Then for annualised profit you take it for 12 months instead of 9 (by October) using simple math, and you get the amount, voila... 80% in this case.

Drawings from the trading (eg to buy something for yourself) confuses things, so i keep a seperate amount of cash and shares (on paper) for myself personally, the rest is just like a growth account. Therefore i never include the personal part of the trading, though i earn more by % there.

I hope i havent confused you,

thanks,

shorttermer

shorttermer said:
hi xtiger,

thanks!

I take my value at the start of the year (cash + value of shares owned), say Rs. 100.

At the point (say October 1st) which i calculated, i had value of Rs 160 (mostly cash), therefore my profit percentage is 60%

Then for annualised profit you take it for 12 months instead of 9 (by October) using simple math, and you get the amount, voila... 80% in this case.

Drawings from the trading (eg to buy something for yourself) confuses things, so i keep a seperate amount of cash and shares (on paper) for myself personally, the rest is just like a growth account. Therefore i never include the personal part of the trading, though i earn more by % there.

I hope i havent confused you,

thanks,

shorttermer
Thanks shorttermer. Nicely explained.