Profit & Loss

What exactly is your question?
actually I've posted my stats from past two months and i'm learning to trade.

currently I'm trying to enter/exit into the trade as many times/day as i can... in the end i am comparing my success with number of trades and winning trade percentage (not in profit/loss ratio).

pleases suggest/comment me on my approach.

jahan

actually I've posted my stats from past two months and i'm learning to trade.

currently I'm trying to enter/exit into the trade as many times/day as i can... in the end i am comparing my success with number of trades and winning trade percentage (not in profit/loss ratio).

pleases suggest/comment me on my approach.
Hello,

by seeing ur stat's it's clear that ur nowhere ....means ur making money....and loosing it all.....i think ur acting as a professional but u can't able to hold ur big win's.....i think ur in confusion which one should hold for longer time and which one to cut losses short.

wait some time i will give some suggestions...iam in Hurry right now.

regards,

Hello,

by seeing ur stat's it's clear that ur nowhere ....means ur making money....and loosing it all.....i think ur acting as a professional but u can't able to hold ur big win's.....i think ur in confusion which one should hold for longer time and which one to cut losses short.

wait some time i will give some suggestions...iam in Hurry right now.

regards,
Yes... i am in little bit confusion because of my small capital (earlier i mentioned that this capital is using for learning purpose) and i lost 60% of my profits in 2 trades that i choose to hold for the next day (silver and gold hits me hard when they fall 5% in a single session)

jahan

Yes... i am in little bit confusion because of my small capital (earlier i mentioned that this capital is using for learning purpose) and i lost 60% of my profits in 2 trades that i choose to hold for the next day (silver and gold hits me hard when they fall 5% in a single session)
Hello,

i think ur using fixed lots in ur trading....if not let me know ur position sizing method.

whatever strategy u use .....u have to take care of ur losses....means for example if ur using some % of ur equity u have to take care ..not to loose more than that in a given trade. in ur case it's clear that ur loosing more than that.this is the big disadvantage of fixed lots.(iam guessing ur position sizing as fixed lots).

when come to riding ur winning trades as longer as possible........what u have to do is to analyse ur previous trade moves and note down ur biggest move and also see ur average biggest move in ur favour .....after knowing these things what u need to do is.... when price moves to average profit level u move ur stop to breakeven then allow it for further move ...if not exit ur trade when ur system says.

to give u exact solution for ur problem..... i need to know ur trading style.

see entry is not important as exits..exits are having more impact on ur trading performance.

regards,

Hello,

i think ur using fixed lots in ur trading....if not let me know ur position sizing method.

whatever strategy u use .....u have to take care of ur losses....means for example if ur using some % of ur equity u have to take care ..not to loose more than that in a given trade. in ur case it's clear that ur loosing more than that.this is the big disadvantage of fixed lots.(iam guessing ur position sizing as fixed lots).

when come to riding ur winning trades as longer as possible........what u have to do is to analyse ur previous trade moves and note down ur biggest move and also see ur average biggest move in ur favour .....after knowing these things what u need to do is.... when price moves to average profit level u move ur stop to breakeven then allow it for further move ...if not exit ur trade when ur system says.

to give u exact solution for ur problem..... i need to know ur trading style.

see entry is not important as exits..exits are having more impact on ur trading performance.

regards,
Some of my mistakes I was analysed is...

1. Yes I'm using fixed lots (usually trades 1 or two lots except GOLDPETAL, in GOLDPETAL i usually place 20-40 numbers)
2. In case of winning trades the fear is main factor.. about 70-80% of my trades gone against direction initially... so the fear of loosing I'm exiting too early with small profits
3. 60-70% of my profits lost because of open position for the next morning
4. regardless of the trend, im depending on the index action and scrip action of the day
5. My losing trades avg time is 3 times grater than my winning trades avg time

jahan

Some of my mistakes I was analysed is...

1. Yes I'm using fixed lots (usually trades 1 or two lots except GOLDPETAL, in GOLDPETAL i usually place 20-40 numbers)
2. In case of winning trades the fear is main factor.. about 70-80% of my trades gone against direction initially... so the fear of loosing I'm exiting too early with small profits
3. 60-70% of my profits lost because of open position for the next morning
4. regardless of the trend, im depending on the index action and scrip action of the day
5. My losing trades avg time is 3 times grater than my winning trades avg time
Hello,

here u go point wise.

1).first don't use fixed lots ...its never works.... to trade fixed lots the system needs to robust enough to take biglosses.(atleast 60 to 80 % success rate).

2).yes fear of loosing alway's there for a trader to conquer that u need to be very disciplined...just go trade after trade don't try to recall what happend to earlier trades.build courage in urself to train urself.... lets profit run rule.

3).yes ur right our markets are built such type only...if big players see we are holding trades overnight they simply take out our stops and go in our intial direction...this is the fact and u need to accept it and trade accordingly.
see our markets are not continuous like overseas markets are .....right now our markets are not suitable for Intra players.accept this fact and change ur Strategy accordingly.

4)use whatever Analysis (by using index or script)...don't loose more than ur intial risk allocated to any trade(sometimes it happen's by big spike...but on an average u need to loose only amount u risked for that trade...this is very important)

5).if u use fixed lots u will get this kind of results only...instead use % risk to ur stoploss point. u will get better results.....or ucan use % percentile volatality method for ur position sizing.

regards.

VJAY

Hello,

here u go point wise.

1).first don't use fixed lots ...its never works.... to trade fixed lots the system needs to robust enough to take biglosses.(atleast 60 to 80 % success rate).

2).yes fear of loosing alway's there for a trader to conquer that u need to be very disciplined...just go trade after trade don't try to recall what happend to earlier trades.build courage in urself to train urself.... lets profit run rule.

3).yes ur right our markets are built such type only...if big players see we are holding trades overnight they simply take out our stops and go in our intial direction...this is the fact and u need to accept it and trade accordingly.
see our markets are not continuous like overseas markets are .....right now our markets are not suitable for Intra players.accept this fact and change ur Strategy accordingly.

4)use whatever Analysis (by using index or script)...don't loose more than ur intial risk allocated to any trade(sometimes it happen's by big spike...but on an average u need to loose only amount u risked for that trade...this is very important)

5).if u use fixed lots u will get this kind of results only...instead use % risk to ur stoploss point. u will get better results.....or ucan use % percentile volatality method for ur position sizing.

regards.
Dear jahan,
Thanks for a good advices....really your knowledge is high...:clapping:
You mean commodity market?then how we can hold overnight pos here as our market is in not contineous...many things can happen after our market....big gaps always seeing in crude ?how can we manage it?..though .I following crude only intraday..:)

jahan

Dear jahan,
Thanks for a good advices....really your knowledge is high...:clapping:
You mean commodity market?then how we can hold overnight pos here as our market is in not contineous...many things can happen after our market....big gaps always seeing in crude ?how can we manage it?..though .I following crude only intraday..:)
Hello,

thanks vjay...

if any market that doesn't suit my trading style i simply don't trade....yes when come to crude or gold i trade it in continuous market(overseas)....nothing i can help in indian commodity market(about how to trade ) bcoz i don't trade, and the conditions are not at all suitable for me.

sometimes what happens u know every thing is right ....entry,stoploss,exit and our method ....but that particular method not suitable to the market we are trading...and we end up with losses ....so it is very important to select proper markets which suitable for our methods.

may be short term trading is favoring a little bit with sufficient capital(above 5 lacs).

Regards,

Last edited: