Profit & Loss

Hello,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

so now we got two things ,stoploss point and entry point (from the above chart)
based on this we need to calculate our position size

no.of shares/contracts=(ur percentage risk*toal equity)/(stoploss points).

but Eur/usd trade in lots so...

no of lots=(no.of shares or contracts)/lot size denominator
for Eur/usd 1000 shares/contracts= 1 micro lot.
10000 shares/ontracts=1 mini lot
100000 shares/contracts=1 standard lot.

Regards,
@jahan
Thank you for the example given... I really not used this type of sl ever, i went for the trade with my % of risk... i'll differently work on this method.

@ashu1234
Thank you for your suggestions, i'm following your fx-gold thread

ashu1234

Some inputs which might help you for trading gold on mcx.
I have mentioned earlier in Fx thread comex gold has an avg daily atr around 20$ and at MCX gold's atr averages around 450-500. If you remember in my thread I have confirmed you to go ahead with gold shorts which were trading at 200 levels, I booked below 800(used atr for booking too). On mcx I would prefer to put stops around 1.5 atr and booking at 1 atr, see the figures which I am quoting here are customized as per current trading conditions, I keep tweaking it with trading style and market conditions.

Please note that whatever I'm sharing here are relevant for positional swing trading, I do sell buy-sell buy in gold trades on say every 100-150 points (for e.g if i shorted 10 lots of Gold I'll be booking 2-4 lots on these swing points for intraday and keep rest of the lots intact for the targets which I have set. In extreme cases 2-3 atr for a swing(can be intraday) is max and I combine it with other TA tools for exits.

You can draw your own trading style and booking points as per your own research I just gave a hint of what I do. I would recommend to trade big swing and choose instruments like mini or micro, if you go for shorter time frame or bigger lot size market is most likely to take your stop loss out.

jahan

Hi Janan bhai,

To conclude trading indian market is hell of a work for a systematic trader, and trading here and to deliver is quite a task. I'm trading gold and natural gas against two extremes and those who trade know how real trading on mcx now a days is.

I always enjoy your systematic inputs.....keep it coming. Do provide your inputs for commodities if you can.

:thumb:
Hello,

Ashu bhai thanks for ur kind words....yes are absolutely correct on bold words.

yes i can provide the inputs for Gold,crude and Eur/usd .....but the problem is putting that inputs upto date(regular updates).

see i trade for 16 hours and remaining 8 hours my assistant will do...what happens... is when some reversal or exit signal come on chart when my assistant is at terminal he can't/unable to update the same here...... time lag occurs and u know the importance of time in trading....if iam also there at terminal some time lag occur which hurt the trader who follow my charts.....and i don't want that.....

and when comes to ur trading...if ur maintaining ur previous trade log's.....i really want to give u one suggestion if u want/willing to apply....

Regards,

Last edited:

ashu1234

Hello,

Ashu bhai thanks for ur kind words....yes are absolutely correct on bold words.

yes i can provide the inputs for Gold,crude and Eur/usd .....but the problem is putting that inputs upto date(regular updates).

see i trade for 16 hours and remaining 8 hours my assistant will do...what happens... is when some reversal or exit signal come on chart when my assistant is at terminal he can't/unable to update the same here...... time lag occurs and u know the importance of time in trading....if iam also there at terminal some time lag occur which hurt the trader who follow my charts.....and i don't want that.....

and when comes to ur trading...if ur maintaining ur previous trade log's.....i really want to give u one suggestion if u want/willing to apply....

Regards,
Hii,
Sorry for the delayed reply, actually had some important business to attend to. Surely I would like to know about your inputs and observations with respect to gold and crude. I know we all are strained for time, but please put your thoughts as and when possible. I feel there is always scope of tweaking system with changing market conditions.