Problems With Sharekhan

Sharekhan's Server is damn slow at 9.55 AM and after 2.45 pm.

When NSE begins at 9.55 AM you get Zeros all over for full 5 mins; sometimes even for 20 mins.
If you call up the nearest Sharekhan Office you are sure to get an answer " Everything is OK. Your broadband's speed is very slow." First I believed them. Switched Sify to MTNL(2Mbps). Same problem. Changed over to Airtel (2Mbps). Problem continues.

Very often you are looking at past. Share's rate is for example Rs 100.00. You buy 150 shares. Later you find that these shares were bought actually at Rs 115.00. Why?? Because the time next to share rate is 15 mins behind the actual. The server has not updated your scren at all. You have to shutdown and restart the Sharekhan's programme ( not the compute) to get the current rate. The situation becomes horrible if you were to buy to cover a Shortsold Day Trading Deal and time shown is 3.20 pm. I bought some shares and later realised that I didnot buy at all as the market was closed because the actual time was 3.35 pm. So you pay penalties.

Another thing happens infrequently. You do Day Trade for 200 shares of BHEL at Rs 1300 per share. Buy shares at Rs1250.oo and settle the deal. You think you are buying shares in NSE but actually you end up buying in BSE and you are in serious trouble - auction. On day T+2 the closing price has shot up to Rs1570.00 and you have to this price plus 20% penalty. While you were glad that you made Rs 50/- profit it has now become a nightmare with a loss of overRs500/share or Rs 1 lac. When you take it up with Sharekhan they would say nothing is wrong with their software and you must have press the wrong keys on the keyboard. Their policy is "CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS WRONG'.

The staff at the Sharekhan branches just donot know at what rate you are charged STT, Education cess and a host of other taxes. Even emails to 'mysharekhan.com' only frustrate you. Though you get a prompt reply and the rate of taxes' they canot explain how it is worked out. They try to use jargons to escape any responsibility. I asked them what the jargon 'Traded Value' means. Is it my purchase/ sold rate or does it include brokerage or is it to be multiplied by the no of shares traded. No reply for 45 days. I am still waiting.

I asked for details of their auction rate which they billed me. Again the woman on phone just mumbled.

MORAL - YOU ARE A SUCKER IF YOU AREA SHAREKHAN MEMBER.

Will the readers share their experiences. Lets get together on the net.

SARATHY

mahesh2007

When NSE begins at 9.55 AM you get Zeros all over for full 5 mins; sometimes even for 20 mins.
If you call up the nearest Sharekhan Office you are sure to get an answer " Everything is OK. Your broadband's speed is very slow." First I believed them. Switched Sify to MTNL(2Mbps). Same problem. Changed over to Airtel (2Mbps). Problem continues.

Very often you are looking at past. Share's rate is for example Rs 100.00. You buy 150 shares. Later you find that these shares were bought actually at Rs 115.00. Why?? Because the time next to share rate is 15 mins behind the actual. The server has not updated your scren at all. You have to shutdown and restart the Sharekhan's programme ( not the compute) to get the current rate. The situation becomes horrible if you were to buy to cover a Shortsold Day Trading Deal and time shown is 3.20 pm. I bought some shares and later realised that I didnot buy at all as the market was closed because the actual time was 3.35 pm. So you pay penalties.

Another thing happens infrequently. You do Day Trade for 200 shares of BHEL at Rs 1300 per share. Buy shares at Rs1250.oo and settle the deal. You think you are buying shares in NSE but actually you end up buying in BSE and you are in serious trouble - auction. On day T+2 the closing price has shot up to Rs1570.00 and you have to this price plus 20% penalty. While you were glad that you made Rs 50/- profit it has now become a nightmare with a loss of overRs500/share or Rs 1 lac. When you take it up with Sharekhan they would say nothing is wrong with their software and you must have press the wrong keys on the keyboard. Their policy is "CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS WRONG'.

The staff at the Sharekhan branches just donot know at what rate you are charged STT, Education cess and a host of other taxes. Even emails to 'mysharekhan.com' only frustrate you. Though you get a prompt reply and the rate of taxes' they canot explain how it is worked out. They try to use jargons to escape any responsibility. I asked them what the jargon 'Traded Value' means. Is it my purchase/ sold rate or does it include brokerage or is it to be multiplied by the no of shares traded. No reply for 45 days. I am still waiting.

I asked for details of their auction rate which they billed me. Again the woman on phone just mumbled.

SARATHY
Hi!
u did not mention the platform u use.
is it web based or application based?
it appears that u are not getting real time stream quotes.
problem are very serious, if it is application based platform.

R u sure that while squaring up option was not changed accidently to BSE?

rahulskr

hi sarathy

thanks for sharing ur experience. i also hav an account with sharekhan n m planning to buy Trade Tiger(TT). were u using TT or web based java application. please reply asap.

regards

rajuwaste

SARATHY
Hi Dude,
All the brokers have positive and negative sides.As far as I know Positive side of sharekhan Excellent software (With 5 day intraday chart),You can use same software to trade in various exchanges (nse,bse,commodity),Payout is prompt,you can trade in three ways (application based ,applet based,browser based).

But frequently I was also facing the same time delay problem (Due to this I stopped trading without doing much trading there though I like their software and prompt payout).Even the brokers like sharekhan and most of the brokers could not allow trading during jan'08 market collapse (upto three days),employees are not friendly,High brokerage.

I could not find any perfect broker in this industry.One broker is charging high brokerage another is poor software,worst customer service,charging panalties and margin funding cheating,taking too much of time to give payout.

Traders like producers of cinema,they are funding for functioning of the whole system (broker and their employess,goverment,communication service providers,data providers and many more).But they couldn't earn proper respect from the industry as well as society.

:(

pkamalesh

hi sarathy

thanks for sharing ur experience. i also hav an account with sharekhan n m planning to buy Trade Tiger(TT). were u using TT or web based java application. please reply asap.

regards
Rahul...Thers is no need to buy TT...just dont ask about buyin the tt with a sharekhan guy coz they might actually give u a installation CD and charge for it...its free..here is the link

http://www.sharekhan.com/tradetiger/setupnew.html

TFL

SARATHY
Absolutely correct!
But remember there are other famous brokers(ICICIDirect,) who are more worse than sharekhan.

Haribird.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I read all the comments about Sharekhan & strongly agree that it's slow during pick trading session...I am a client of Sharekhan for last 4 years...Now let me tell you my experience about Sharekhan...

I use mostly HTTP based (Web Based) trading tools...But since it was slow and sometimes the Web page kicked you out from your genuine log-in, i checked "Fast Trade" option but the LTP never ever matches with Web Based LTP....if there is a rally in the market..then you are lost...U won't be able to understand the actual price...& u have to rely on Limit Price option only & forget about Mkt Price option....

Now I checked with "trade tiger" option...it's the worst trading terminal i have ever seen...Any thing you ask for, it will just redirect it to the Sharekhan Web Page....It sucks....

& Customer Support Services !!! .....Damn , They don't treat us like we are the customer in fact they just treat us that they are our customer....acts like we are damn Ass....Those BPO girls are just college fresh-out, doesn't have any idea about trading/market......Alas !!! they are our SUPPORT TEAM......

But some of you told the right thing...with all these diff, still i like Sharekhan in comparative way..not in absolute though....Brokerage charges are good...Intra-day option...payout etc are good...never cheated with the margin calculation......

What else????