Problem in ODIN DIET Login

Hi

I am facing a problem with ODIN DIET 9.1.0.5, my broker is Religare, when I changed my OS from Vista to Windows 7, I'm not able to login, everytime I get an error "System Error(10055) (setsockopt)".

It'll be glad if anyone helps me out.

Flock

Windows 7 is a just released OS for trial. ODIN is unlikely to be compatible with that. Check with your customer support or Financial technologies if it works on this OS.

Hey Flock,

Thanks for ur inputs,

I've tried ODIN DIET on a system running Win 7 Beta, works fine, the problem is with the Windows 7 Release Candidate(RC)

If you find any solution to this pls let me know

i'm having this setsockopt only with bsnl evdo connection on windows 7 (don't know about xp etc.) but bsnl data one works with odin diet.

What sock option to be set???

I'm with the same broker, Religare!

nitinsy

This seems to a problem with Windows 7/ODIN when used on a datacard. I am using an Airtel Datacard and ODIN used to work fine on windows vista. After upgrading to Windows 7 release candidate ODIN stopped working on datacard and it gives me setsockopt error 10055.

ODIN works fine when connecting using my Airtel broadband connection

No, The problem is with Windows 7 RC. Odin, evdo, works fine in windows xp. either downgrade to windows 7 beta or windows xp or wait for Windows 7 final.

Btw, I use Odin in Linux.

nitinsy

No, The problem is with Windows 7 RC. Odin, evdo, works fine in windows xp. either downgrade to windows 7 beta or windows xp or wait for Windows 7 final.

Btw, I use Odin in Linux.
In my case, if I am using my broadband connection or leased line connection at office, ODIN works on Windows 7 Release Candidate.

It just doesn't work when I am connected using my Airtel Datacard.

Nitin

nitinsy

Solved this problem in a round-about way.

Download Windows Virtual PC & XP Mode from here
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

After installing this, it will create a virtual windows xp session on your windows 7 host. These two instance run in parallel and windows xp will appear as a remote desktop connection. You can continue to run email, office, charting packages in the windows 7 session. Only ODIN will run in the windows xp session as follows.

Install ODIN in this windows XP instance. Leave the datacard/EVDO software in the main windows 7 session. Connect with the datacard to internet, login to xp session and run ODIN. Works like a charm

Nitin

i'm having this setsockopt only with bsnl evdo connection on windows 7 (don't know about xp etc.) but bsnl data one works with odin diet.

What sock option to be set???

I'm with the same broker, Religare!
setsockopt is a networking api call. It sets time out, buffer size etc for a socket. It looks like a driver problem of the data card.

@fast_rizwaan

Please tell me how do you run ODIN on Linux.

Also did anyone find a solution to this problem, I guess it is an issue related to Win 7 only.