Price

Ok, I am going to attempt at explaining myself here. I will discuss and hopefully learn back from you all. I don't want any specific trades or longs and shorts. I want to discuss market theory, or risk or whatever related to trading, but in theoretical terms (maybe i misspoke, but no examples like i "i went long at 6000, TP at 6025 yeah!!!!!!!!", this is dumb, lets discuss the market and try to dissect the why's).

I will continue if there is adequate participation (don't know what to expect there, but seeing a few thousand posts here, there is hope by some), but i will give it a good shot, i might switch from topic to topic, but will wrap all the cores, i will comm in ABC language.

First question.

WHY DOES PRICE MOVE?

What makes prices move, the fundamental reason?

This is the most important question in the markets, get this right and half the game is over. (Again these are my views, and i believe them to be correct, take what u wish).

WHY?

b back. (will keep editing original post)

One more (edit)

Do u think the market can be tackled objectively (think mechanical systems) or subjectively (think discretionary), or both or some combo?
Is purely objective possible? (not talking HFT here, stay within reach of retail traders here, although i reserve doubts higher too)
How bout subjective?

Ill give my views later.

Ya thanks DSM.

Last edited:

DSM

Good start Vik, Sounding board helps clarify one's own thinking....

Ok, I am going to attempt at explaining myself here. I will discuss and hopefully learn back from you all. I don't want any specific trades or longs and shorts. I want to discuss market theory, or risk or whatever related to trading, but in theoretical terms (maybe i misspoke, but no examples like i "i went long at 6000, TP at 6025 yeah!!!!!!!!", this is dumb, lets discuss the market and try to dissect the why's).

I will continue if there is adequate participation (don't know what to expect there, but seeing a few thousand posts here, there is hope by some), but i will give it a good shot, i might switch from topic to topic, but will wrap all the cores, i will comm in ABC language.

First question.

WHY DOES PRICE MOVE?

What makes prices move, the fundamental reason?

This is the most important question in the markets, get this right and half the game is over. (Again these are my views, and i believe them to be correct, take what u wish).

WHY?

b back. (will keep editing original post)