Price Volume Oscillator.....Cansomeone please smooth this oscillator.

This is Price Volume Oscillator which is very helpful for my trading but this oscillator has got lot of whipshaws and zigzag kind of plot result.......I have seen some indicators like SMOOTHED RSI, SMOOTHED OBV, etc...........in the same way can someone please smooth this PRICE VOLUME OSCILLATOR.

AFL for PRICE VOLUME OSCILLATOR

_SECTION_BEGIN( "Price Volume Oscillator" );
Periods = Param( "Periods", 30, 2, 200, 1 );
PROC = IIf( ROC( C, 1 ) > 0, V * ROC( C, 1 ), 0 );
NROC = IIf( ROC( C, 1 ) < 0, V * ROC( C, 1 ), 0 );
ROCresult = 100 * ( Sum( PROC, Periods ) + Sum( NROC, Periods ) ) / ( Sum( PROC, Periods ) - Sum( NROC, Periods ) );
Plot( ROCresult , "Price*Volume Osc", ParamColor( "Color", colorCycle ), ParamStyle( "Style" ) );
_SECTION_END();

AFL for PRICE VOLUME OSCILLATOR

Thanks for the quick reply but I already have this formula......I was hoping someone could add the smoothing condition for this formula cos this indicator gives lot of whipsaws and spikes...........if those moves can be smoothed then it can prove to be a good indicator........some indicators like SMOOTHED RSI BY KARTHIK, SMOOTHED MACD, SMOOTHED ROC, ETC

hi friend

First think
Smoothing exists in macd and stochastics etc 9 or 3.
9 is better bet.

here it is

HTML:
ROCresult = 100 * ( Sum( PROC, Periods ) + Sum( NROC, Periods ) ) / ( Sum( PROC, Periods ) - Sum( NROC, Periods ) );
Plot( ROCresult , "Price*Volume Osc", ParamColor( "Color", colorCycle ), ParamStyle( "Style" ) );
_SECTION_END(); 
//Plot(0,"zero",colorRed,styleDashed);// this if uncommented may interfere with chart size-visibility not full
PVsm9= EMA(ROCresult,9);
Plot(PVsm9,"price vol osc smooth9",colorBlue,styleThick);
enjoy
Let me know the result of your tests 30 tests IN FUTURE ZONE to begin with-if success then 100 tests if ok use it. if not ok reject after 30 tests.
Point is
can you or cant you?

caution: If you try nifty chart,you may need to adjust scaling.or else you see only part of chart.rem to mark zero on chart if it is in visible area.

Last edited:
hi friend

First think
9 is better bet.

here it is

HTML:
_SECTION_END(); 
//Plot(0,"zero",colorRed,styleDashed);// this if uncommented may interfere with chart size-visibility not full
PVsm9= EMA(ROCresult,9);
enjoy
Let me know the result of your tests 30 tests IN FUTURE ZONE to begin with-if success then 100 tests if ok use it. if not ok reject after 30 tests.
Point is
can you or cant you?

caution: If you try nifty chart,you may need to adjust scaling.or else you see only part of chart.rem to mark zero on chart if it is in visible area.

Anybody can explain how to use Price volume oscillator ????

hi friend

First think
9 is better bet.

here it is

HTML:
_SECTION_END(); 
PVsm9= EMA(ROCresult,9);
enjoy
Point is
can you or cant you?

Thanks......its of great help with people like you in this forum........this can help me a lot in my trading.........thanks again.