Price Action perspective using VWAP+SD and TF AMAs

pratapvb

Pratap Sir,

i was thinking of taking some help with in TJ for the AFL you shared, to code it to generate buy, sell arrows.

just want to check with you / take permission before doing.

basically 15mins pvts afl, buy when price crosses 15mins pvt high. short when price croses 15mins pvt low.
since the afl is already on TJ I don't have issues...but what is the utility for automated testing? for trading isn't it more important to know that level which is already displayed as text?

since the afl is already on TJ I don't have issues...but what is the utility for automated testing? for trading isn't it more important to know that level which is already displayed as text?
sir, i am trying to back test both auto & manual. For ex buy 15mins pvt high & trail stop 15mins pvts.
Buy 15 mins pvt crack trail stop 3/5 min mps. So in that way i was thinking.

Otherwise, fo trading 15mins, 60 mins pvts. With VAH, VAL lines enough for me. Thanks:)

pratapvb

sir, i am trying to back test both auto & manual. For ex buy 15mins pvt high & trail stop 15mins pvts.
Buy 15 mins pvt crack trail stop 3/5 min mps. So in that way i was thinking.

Otherwise, fo trading 15mins, 60 mins pvts. With VAH, VAL lines enough for me. Thanks:)
broadly along the lines that I am trading...basically 15min pvt trends and failures but filter but bands like 6ama / 15ama etc ....also vwap and 2dayvwap levels for views or profit taking

princy01

sir

in your vwap AFL , how to get vwap from a particular time afterwards .

suppose i want vwap value after 2.00 pm only , is it possible to get that , or modify AFL for this ?

regards

pratapvb

sir

in your vwap AFL , how to get vwap from a particular time afterwards .

suppose i want vwap value after 2.00 pm only , is it possible to get that , or modify AFL for this ?

regards
has to be modified....the no of bars definition can be changed appropriately in the beginning ....currently it calculates no of bars to use from date change

there is a rolling n bar option ....like ndays if you put 0 (zero) and period = 30 then on 1min chart it will do rolling 30 bars (= 30min)...it is best to do this on 1min chart to get the levels as higher TFs will be more approximate

This VWAP++ concept appears very promising.

The subject, like a few others( say OFA, Volume Price etc) has been tackled over a long period vide many threads.
Obviously the views and treatment must have evolved over time passing through many corrections and up-gradations.

If there is any write-up available incorporating latest concept at one place. This would allow a newcomer like me to avoid the unnecessary noise and benefit from distilled wisdom of seniors.

Thanks

Is there anny

amitrandive

Pratap Sir

I am trying to locate , the multitime frame AFL ,not able to get it.

Example :NF 15 min and 5 min which run independently of one another ,either in the same or different panes and irrespective of the scrip.

If possible can you share that?

TracerBullet

Pratap Sir

I am trying to locate , the multitime frame AFL ,not able to get it.

Example :NF 15 min and 5 min which run independently of one another ,either in the same or different panes and irrespective of the scrip.

If possible can you share that?
Basic price afl has it. Use 'Set TF' and 'TF' options
Code:
_SECTION_BEGIN("HighVol");
SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates|chartWrapTitle);
SetChartBkColor(ParamColor("Background", colorLightGrey)) ;

useforeign = ParamToggle("Set Foreign", "No|Yes", 0) ;
//List = GetCategorySymbols(categoryMarket, 0) ;
//forscript = ParamList("Scrip", List, 0) ;
forscript = ParamStr("Foreign Script", "BANKNIFTY-I") ;
if (useforeign)
	SetForeign(forscript); 

settf = ParamToggle("Set TF", "No|Yes", 0) ;
tf = Param("TF", 5, 1, 100000, 1) ;

if (settf)
{
	SetChartOptions(3,chartShowDates);
	TimeFrameSet(tf*in1Minute) ;
}

Layer = Param("Layer", 0, -5, 5, 1) ;
if (settf)
	tz = NumToStr(tf, 8.0) +"-minute";
else
	tz = NumToStr(Interval()/in1Minute, 8.0) +"-minute";

strname =  Name();
if (useforeign)
	strname = forscript ;

//_N(Title = StrFormat(Name() + " " +tz + " " + NumToStr(ddt, formatDateTime) + " Range %g {{VALUES}}", SelectedValue( dh-dl) ));
_N(Title = StrFormat(strname+tz+ NumToStr(DateTime(), formatDateTime)+ EncodeColor( colorGreen ) + " Open %g," + EncodeColor( colorBlue ) + " Hi %g,  " + EncodeColor( colorRed ) + " Lo %g,  " + EncodeColor( colorBlack ) + " Close %g (%.1f%%){{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) ));

showprice = ParamToggle("Show Price", "No|Yes", 1) ;
styleprice = IIf(showprice, 0, styleNoDraw) ;
//if (showprice)
	Plot( C, "Close",  colorBlack, styleNoTitle | styleCandle|styleprice,0,0,0,Layer ); 
ToolTip = "Open = " + O + "\nHigh = " + H + "\nLow = " + L + "\nClose = " + C ;

if (settf)
{
Daych = Day() != Ref(Day(), -1) ;
Plot(IIf(Daych, 100, 0), "", colorBlack, styleHistogram|styleNoLabel|styleOwnScale, 0, 100, 0, -5) ;
}
//Peaking Volumes
HiVolume = IIf(V > (2 * MA(V,10)), True, False); 
PlotShapes(shapeSmallCircle * HiVolume, IIf(C > O, colorBlack, colorWhite), 0, (O+C)/2, 0);
//TimeFrameRestore()

Clronclose = ParamToggle("Color on yday close", "No|Yes", 0) ;
if (Clronclose)
{
	ydayc = TimeFrameGetPrice("C", inDaily,0, expandLast) ;

Clr = IIf(C > ydayc, colorBlue, IIf(C < ydayc, colorRed, colorGrey40)) ;
	SetBarFillColor(Clr) ;
	Plot(C, "", Clr, styleCandle|styleNoLabel, 0, 0, 0, 1) ;
}

scalefromclose = ParamToggle("Scale from Close", "No|Yes", 1) ;
per = Param("Percentage",40,0,50,10);
Mingap = Param("Min Gap", 20, 1, 10000, 1) ;

if (scalefromclose)
{
	Lvh = Lvl = SelectedValue(C);
	Lvhh = HighestVisibleValue(H) ;
	Lvll = LowestVisibleValue(L) ;
	spl = sph = (Lvhh-Lvll)*per/100 ; // Param("pointsup",50,0,500,10);
	Plot( Max(Max(Lvh+sph, Lvhh+sph/2), Lvh+Mingap), "", colorBlack,styleNoDraw);
	Plot( Min(Min(Lvl-spl, Lvll-spl/2), Lvl-Mingap), "", colorBlack,styleNoDraw);
}

_SECTION_END();

pratapvb

an experiment with TDST and MACD

the band in the 1st pane the 3min TDST shown as band...the triggers are based on 6min MACD ....3min chart

above zone look to take longs...below shorts....in zone depends on vwap / 15min band (blue grey)

yday and today early morning

as of now soh after exiting the longs

TDST AFL already there here on forum
MACD triggers is my experiment