Premium Decay in nifty

columbus

The timing to Option writing is most important.
Ideally, they are written well before expiry, generally, for the next series. Writing options near expiry is the suicidal story.
Many on TV say that so and so options are cheap, 10-40 rupees and can be written and pocket premium is hogwash.
The two scenarios are:
1. An option is written for Inr. 250 about 50 days before expiry.
Even on expiry day, if it jumps from 10 to 100, you are covered.

2. Same option written 5 days before expiry at Inr. 30 on expiry day jumps to same 100 and you know rest of the story.
Then even try to manage the acceleration by buying to cover, won't work.

To write options 2 or 3 series before expiry requires capital that only the < 1% have :D

Yes ,travi. BankNifty 19500PE was trading at Rs.250 intraday and ended WORTHLESS.

bunti_k23

The timing to Option writing is most important.
Ideally, they are written well before expiry, generally, for the next series. Writing options near expiry is the suicidal story.
Many on TV say that so and so options are cheap, 10-40 rupees and can be written and pocket premium is hogwash.
The two scenarios are:
1. An option is written for Inr. 250 about 50 days before expiry.
Even on expiry day, if it jumps from 10 to 100, you are covered.

2. Same option written 5 days before expiry at Inr. 30 on expiry day jumps to same 100 and you know rest of the story.
Then even try to manage the acceleration by buying to cover, won't work.

To write options 2 or 3 series before expiry requires capital that only the < 1% have :D
ravi bhai what will be the better approach for intraday and that too for maxx half hour with strict stoploss and target ,option SELLING or BUYING for current expiry only ?i guess the results will be different on 1st half of month and 2nd half of month...kindly share your experience :)

travi

Hi Guys,

I made a python script that can draw combined premium chart for any strike price for any month. For now, I have data only for Month starting from Jan 15 till oct/nov 16.

Let me know the strike price and month for which u want to see the chart.
Have you hosted it somewhere?