Preinstalled OS

In my hp old laptop Win XP home edition preinstalled version got corrupted and the hard disk is also got damaged. I have the Microsoft original labels can I get again the genuine Win XP or not.
Hp support is telling the laptop comes under retired products so no more support for that model.

S_S

Dear Siva,
You are talking about OEM License, which supply with machine.
try to install xp with OEM License after replacing hard disk , if it installed then it will be as earlier.
Thanks

As Microsoft also ended support for WIndows XP, I don't think you can activate any XP version as of now. But u can install a cracked version after changing that hard disk and use it perfectly fine.

travi

In my hp old laptop Win XP home edition preinstalled version got corrupted and the hard disk is also got damaged. I have the Microsoft original labels can I get again the genuine Win XP or not.
Hp support is telling the laptop comes under retired products so no more support for that model.
You can check if you have the original recovery CD/DVD. This was one way to restore OS.

Dear Siva,
You are talking about OEM License, which supply with machine.
try to install xp with OEM License after replacing hard disk , if it installed then it will be as earlier.
Thanks
I have only Tracking ID I couldn't get product ID for windows

vijkris

Learner and Follower
I have only Tracking ID I couldn't get product ID for windows
If yours is not in extended warranty, HP will not entertain you.
So buy a new blank HD. Go to some pc shop, pay 500 bucks and get latest win 7.