PowerGrid IPO application, advise needed

I am new to this forum
I need your advice on applying for IPO for PowerGrid Corporaion issue
(1)
I intend to apply for 5625 shares (multiple of 125, at Rs 52 a share) (5625 x 52 = Rs 292500)
Since its >1 Lacs, it will fall under HNI cagetory and not Retail, and chances of more allotment in HNI is lesser than Retail
Now I have got 3 demat accounts in ICICIdirect, Sharekhan, and Indiabulls (2 solo and 1 joint a/c with my wife (me the 1st holder) )
I intend to enter Rs 97000 in EACH of the 3 application forms (thats 1875 shares each), of course i will mention the SAME PAN NO. in ALL the 3 application forms
But one of my friend said that IPO allotment rules have been changed recently, and since PAN of all the 3 applications is common, my 2 applications will stand rejected (will just get the refund of the cheques), and only will get allotment based upon the 1 application of 1875 shares
I wish to know if this is correct or not
If it is correct, then is it not better to make 1 application of 5625 shares in HNI category
I will appreciate your advise
thanks in advance
indian

I am new to this forum
I need your advice on applying for IPO for PowerGrid Corporaion issue
(1)
I intend to apply for 5625 shares (multiple of 125, at Rs 52 a share) (5625 x 52 = Rs 292500)
Since its >1 Lacs, it will fall under HNI cagetory and not Retail, and chances of more allotment in HNI is lesser than Retail
Now I have got 3 demat accounts in ICICIdirect, Sharekhan, and Indiabulls (2 solo and 1 joint a/c with my wife (me the 1st holder) )
I intend to enter Rs 97000 in EACH of the 3 application forms (thats 1875 shares each), of course i will mention the SAME PAN NO. in ALL the 3 application forms
But one of my friend said that IPO allotment rules have been changed recently, and since PAN of all the 3 applications is common, my 2 applications will stand rejected (will just get the refund of the cheques), and only will get allotment based upon the 1 application of 1875 shares
I wish to know if this is correct or not
If it is correct, then is it not better to make 1 application of 5625 shares in HNI category
I will appreciate your advise
thanks in advance
indian
1.since you are owner of all three demat a/cs , all three applications will be treated multiple and may be rejected , so make only one application either in your demat or Joint demat of your choice

2. HNI is 15% quota say around 425 crore , they have financial facility etc and if issue oversubscribed more then 50 times in HNI , you may get only 125 shares by lottery , if it remains 25 to 30 times in HNI then you may get app 300 shares

3. Retail portion is 1000+ crore , may go maxm 4 to 7 times , since retail use own funds and maxm subscription by reatail in past was 4000 crore , so chances of getting app 300 + shares are FIRM

better apply in RETAIL only

good brother is very much correct better apply with one application only.
i have some other questions
1) will time of the application on first or last day really matter
2) how to come to know how much is the ipo subscribed means how many times etcetc

good brother is very much correct better apply with one application only.
i have some other questions
1) will time of the application on first or last day really matter
2) how to come to know how much is the ipo subscribed means how many times etcetc
1. it has same value whether applied on issue opening or issue close , only you must ensure that your bids are punched timely and included in book building , so better apply on preclosing day or latest in closing day morning
2. open http://www.nse-india.com/
click IPO of your choice , say power grid (PGCIL)on top of main page
IPO page will open , inh botton bids of today close sector wise are given , during market hours click NSE-BSE DEMANDE GRAPH on right top corner4 , this is updated hourly and bids at cutoff may be taken as app retail bids