Power Trading Corporation (PTC India Ltd.)

Traderji

Super Moderator
Power Trading Corporation (PTC India Ltd.)

Stock Watch

PTC India Ltd. - a pioneer in power trading business in India, declared good results for the year ended FY04. The topline of the company grew by 157% where as the bottomline grew at a faster rate of 230% YoY. Operating margins remained at the same level.

High volume activity and a sideways consolidation movement in PTC India Ltd. are the first signs of accumulation or distribution, which is generally a precursor to the beginning of any major new trend.

I intend to keep a watch on this counter until further confirmation of any trend.

Meanwhile I would appreciate any comments or feedback from you all in relation to this stock.

hi traderji,
on the chart PTC looks excellent buy and the reforms initiated in the Power sector had infused a lot of interest with most stocks outperforming the broader market. However, over the next six-nine months i expect this sector to Under Perform given the expected delays in pushing the reform process forward.
any comments traderji
uday

According to a recent news report, Jardine Fleming AMC has picked up a substantial quantity of PTC shares.

Here is a snapshot of PTC recent results:

Power Trading Corporation has posted 4 per cent increase in its net profit to Rs. 6.96 crore for the quarter ended June 30th, 2004 as compared to Rs.6.70 crore reported in the corresponding quarter ended June 30th, 2003. The total income went up by 2.16 per cent to Rs.495.78 crore in the present quarter in comparison to Rs. 485.28 crore reported in the corresponding quarter.

The income from operations has gone up by 2.2 per cent to Rs.494.33 crore even though there was a marginal reduction in trading volumes from 2216 MUs to 2144 MUs in the present quarter ended June 30th, 2004.

The trading volumes could have been more but for the external factors such as transmission constraints by way of outage of inter regional links and early rains in southern and western regions resulting in demand crash in some of the off-taking states. Despite this drop in volumes, the market share of the company has gone up from 80 per cent to 85 per cent. The CERC`s orders on open access in inter state transmission, implemented in this quarter also brought some operational challenges for the company.

Hi ...
any reason why the stock is beaten so badly .. ? i could not find anything wrong in the balance sheet except for a decrease in cash flow for mar 11 ..

Else the b/s shows no debt increasing eps .. book value etc ..