Power issue.....UPS a must for trading

suri112000

Which UPS is good for a day trader?

Please suggest the following

Battery capacity which should run for 6 hours in power cut.

boarders

if you have a desktop then better to go for a microtek sine wave inverter with at least 12 volts 60AH battery for 6.5 hours backup (provided it is lcd/led monitor)

Giraffe

I am using following with my desktop:
APC Back UPS Pro 1000VA - Alone backup - 1 Hour
(Price ~8K)
Add an optional battery pack - Backup of ~4 Hour
(Batter Pack ~6K)

Using efficient PSU, and LED monitor will extend runtime duration.

For more power outage, better get a Lappy and a cheaper APC UPS.

Giraffe

And yes, avoid the cheaper ones.
There runtime duration rapidly falls with time because of poor quality battery (Had this issue with Microtek).

jahan

Which UPS is good for a day trader?

Please suggest the following

Battery capacity which should run for 6 hours in power cut.
Hello,

Before buying a ups Consider these Things.........

1).first u need to calculate ur overall watts ..that ur devices are consuming...

for example.....ur desktop cpu/power SmPs....consumes 450-500 watts. check under ur cpu cabinet.

and ur Monitor consumes..if it is LED/LCD then around 35-60 watts check backside of ur monitor.

2)check whether additional devices such as Modems/router need backup if ur using ADSL Internet...doesn't require if ur using Beam/Act group internet connections..if first the case then the modem or router uses 3-12watts.

3).Additional day lights like Cfl bulbs or one fan....

CFL bulb...consumes....5-65 watts(household)...and one fan consumes...around 150-200 watts.

4)don't run printers/copiers while using UPS power.

So these are basics things to consider..and consumes below 1000 watts..

depending on how fast to recharge the particular selected battery and consumption of wattage decide the model and battery pack.

while choosing battery....go for Exide....if ur staying location has frequent disconnections then choose deep discharge batteries...if not then choose VRLA batteries(sealed maintenance free).

when comes to UPS ....choose anyone branded...like SUkam/APC/Microtek....which is having nearest service centre...in case any warranty problems/failures.

keep in mind Don't buy batteries Along the UPS(Bcoz they are unused for long time) ....buy batteries Seperately from EXIDE showroom/Dealer(MFG date should be Below 6 months).

Regards,

Giraffe

Hello,

Before buying a ups Consider these Things.........

1).first u need to calculate ur overall watts ..that ur devices are consuming...

for example.....ur desktop cpu/power SmPs....consumes 450-500 watts. check under ur cpu cabinet.

and ur Monitor consumes..if it is LED/LCD then around 35-60 watts check backside of ur monitor.

2)check whether additional devices such as Modems/router need backup if ur using ADSL Internet...doesn't require if ur using Beam/Act group internet connections..if first the case then the modem or router uses 3-12watts.

3).Additional day lights like Cfl bulbs or one fan....

CFL bulb...consumes....5-65 watts(household)...and one fan consumes...around 150-200 watts.

4)don't run printers/copiers while using UPS power.

So these are basics things to consider..and consumes below 1000 watts..

depending on how fast to recharge the particular selected battery and consumption of wattage decide the model and battery pack.

while choosing battery....go for Exide....if ur staying location has frequent disconnections then choose deep discharge batteries...if not then choose VRLA batteries(sealed maintenance free).

when comes to UPS ....choose anyone branded...like SUkam/APC/Microtek....which is having nearest service centre...in case any warranty problems/failures.

keep in mind Don't buy batteries Along the UPS(Bcoz they are unused for long time) ....buy batteries Seperately from EXIDE showroom/Dealer(MFG date should be Below 6 months).

Regards,
Summed up pretty nicely.....:clap::clap::clap:
Just one important thing: SMPS doesnot consume rated power. It consumes much less.
I am using Coolermaster Thunder 600W PSU.
Consumption by CPU is around 40 Watts during routine use.
(Using a pretty heavy rig, i7-4700/16GB with 128 GB SSD+ 2 Hard Disks)
Local PSU consume more, older CPUs consume more. But not in the range of rated power.

CPU + 24" Benq LCD - 78 Watts during routine usage.

my ups backup time just 30min.
UPS name ICE
17inch lcd screen.
was there any method for improving the backuptime for 2 to 3 hours?
What will be the probable cost for such kind of UPS

pakatil

I am using Arrow Brand Inverter for Lighting Line. 1.5 KVA with 2 Hrs Backup.

Having no issues at all since 5 years. If power is off in real time, I turn off all excepting Trading related gadgets like Computer and Modem. 4 - 5 hrs shut down is easily supported.

Cheers