Power Indiabulls 4.1 Intraday Ticklist To Amibroker

DISCONTINUED - Power Indiabulls 4.1 Intraday Ticklist To Amibroker

DISCONTINUED! Sorry.
regards,

Hi All,

Here's an utility I developed to convert intraday tick data which is stored in the "\PIB 4.1\{clientID}\data\" folder after you view a chart to the Amibroker format. REMEMBER To sync the data of the required scrip to have PIB download its complete tick list after market close.

This utility will convert the .csv format data downloaded by PIB to .txt file which can be imported into Amibroker.

Attached is also the format file which needs to be copied into the "\Program Files\Amibroker\Formats\" folder.. or where ever Amibroker is installed on your computer.

To import processed txt files, select "File->Import ASCII" in Amibroker. Confirm the type to be "PIB Intraday Data", select the processed text files (multiple files can be selected by pressing ctrl, or ctrl+A to select all). Click Ok to complete the import procedure.

Best Regards,
pnf

Last edited:

AMITBE

Hi pagenotfound...thanks for the contributions, they are just great.
Would it be possible to develop a utility that could convert streaming data on the fly from PIB that can be viewed and charted in Amibroker during trading hours?
PIB charting itself is pretty decent, but not good enough.
Thanks.

AmitBE,

Developing a utility like you say would require integretion into Amibroker for it to update streaming quotes. I'm not sure whether its possible, but i'll look into it later sometime. Whether its possible through AFL i'm not sure either.

Hi pagenotfound,

U have done a good job.Can u help me in my work?.
I use data files from indiabulls for screening purpose.for example , i have calculated pivot points for all scrips in NSE and have stored that in a database file.During market hours my program will check all the files in "Data folder " of indiabullsPIB for breakout of resistance one and displays those scrips.
My problem is my program runs slowly bcoz it has to check all scrips in NSE.
can u suggest some way to improve its performance.

thanks in advance

bye
sup_ida

bharatk8

sup_ida said:
Hi pagenotfound,

I use data files from indiabulls for screening purpose.for example , i have calculated pivot points for all scrips in NSE and have stored that in a database file.During market hours my program will check all the files in "Data folder " of indiabullsPIB for breakout of resistance one and displays those scrips.

thanks in advance

bye
sup_ida
hi share this utility with all forum members

Hi, Pagenotfound,
How do you get the data in to the folder from IndiaBulls ? If it can be done, it can be converted to Metastock Format realtime. I would like ot know, if back filling is possible with India Bulls and how many stock could be saved.

Hi investock,

intraday tick data is stored in data file of indiabull's PIB software.Its

in *.csv format. u can get data for almost all scrips in NSE.But if any

disconnection during market hours ,then u have to synchronise for each

company.

bye
sup_ida

sup_ida said:
Hi pagenotfound,

thanks in advance

bye
sup_ida

Well, according to me there are two ways to get live ticks as PIB gets it:
1) Scan for input feed on the port PIB does. Here however you would have to know how to decipher that stream.
OR
2) Scan the flat files PIB updates, like you are doing at the moment.

So, option 2 might only be the way as we are interacting with the application externally. Here however, you'd be scanning several hundred scrip files or more so the file handles open simultaneously or conclusively will consume lots of system resources therefore you would have to limit the no. of data files you scan for changes.

sup_ida said:
Hi pagenotfound,

thanks in advance

bye
sup_ida
Hi,
One way to do it is to manipulate the alerts feature if IB has that feature. If it is storing alrets in a file manipulate it and you will get realtime alerts when ever your pivot is crossed.

request to pagefound

:) THANX pagefound,
well there is a small request.can u develop a utility where all scripts in market watch can directly be loaded to data folder.
it seems u got the guts to do that so plz.
rajneesh