Portfolio Management & Tracking through MS Excel

nkpanjiyar said:
For every trade or investment done, it is suggested that one must have plan and tracking mechanism for portfolio.

Portfolio management and tracking gives lot of insight for doing future trading and investment. It provide valuable lessons provided one is ready to learn.

Based on my experience and reading I had designed a simple "Portfolio Tracker" in MS Excel. I am using it for more than a year. It has helped me a lot.

I am herewith attaching the "Portfolio Tracker" in MS Excel with some of my real time trades done. Hope someone may benefit from this. Constructive as well as destructive criticisms are most welcome. ;)

cheers,
nkpanjiyar
Hi
Good one on first looks .
Please tell ,for the case , e.g if i purchased 600 shares @ 10 , and sold them at different timing in lot of 200 shares at price of 12 , 13 ,14 .
Can i see the realized profit for the above sale proceeds
Thanks
Vinsu

vinsu said:
Hi
Good one on first looks .
Please tell ,for the case , e.g if i purchased 600 shares @ 10 , and sold them at different timing in lot of 200 shares at price of 12 , 13 ,14 .
Can i see the realized profit for the above sale proceeds
Thanks
Vinsu
Hi Vinsu,

The above sale proceed can be easily done if someone knows how to write "Macros" in MS Excel.

Alternatively, for simplicity this can be achieved by writing the buy and sale for different lot.

A sample is attached for your query assuming flat bokerage of Rs 25/- in each trade proceed. Hope this will satisfy your doubt.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

nkpanjiyar said:
Hi Vinsu,

The above sale proceed can be easily done if someone knows how to write "Macros" in MS Excel.

Alternatively, for simplicity this can be achieved by writing the buy and sale for different lot.

A sample is attached for your query assuming flat bokerage of Rs 25/- in each trade proceed. Hope this will satisfy your doubt.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar
Hi .
Thanks for the Explanation . This suites the purpose.
Regards
Vinsu

bceianonline said:
can we get live quote using your "Portfolio Tracker"?
Yes, it can be easily done if someone knows how to write "Macros" in MS Excel.

At present I have not created this feature in attched "Portfolio Tracker". May be next release will meet this requirement.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

Hi nkpanjiyar..

It surely must've taken lot of effort to prepare this "Portfolio Tracker" . I would like to use this. Can you tell me what all you are able to achieve with this.

I have held some equity stocks for past ten years or so, which have grown in size and value and have earned dividends etc. Now, I have dematted them and have started to sell them to book profits. I have also bought some stocks from the profits to diversify my portfolio. Now I would appreciate if you tell me how exactly I can take into account my initial(old) holding into your "Portfolio Tracker" and then enter my current transactions. My current transactions are from November onwards.

Thanks & best regards

Hello Guys,

As a part of my Intrest I have also been working on similar kinda porduct. This is called Stocks performance Monitor. this is a excel based tool which has following features :

1. you can keep track of your stocks with real time profit/loss displayed in Red/Green color (provided you have internet access). All these porfit/loss are after considering brokerage (you can set ur broker anytime).

2. you can Import your past transaction and the tool will process all transaction and display all current Holdings with accurate profit/loss.

3. It display total change in ur portfolio since start of the day with individual stock change (in % and in Rs. ofcourse after considering brokerage).

4. Allows you to export Transactions to excel spreadsheet for further use.

5. Allows you to set target/stoploss and display alert when either 1 is triggered.

6. Allows you to Update/delete script from portfolio.

7. allows you to query Transaction details for any given script.

8. Most Important : you can set frequency (in Minutes) of automatic Data update and see changes in ur wealth every given interval.

This tool has many more features. I am in process of enhancing features and functionalities. you can access the Trial copy at http://justvarshney.googlepages.com/spm .

Limitation : Only for Delivery Based Trading and No Day Trading.

Please send me an E-mail with your feedback and comments @ [email protected] if you try this product so that I can keep you updated with the latest version.

together we can make it better. Hope you'll find it useful.

Regards
Gaurav Varshney
[email protected]