Portfolio Management Software

JStock 1.0.6 is ready with the following changes.

Feature: Supports stock merging and splitting.

Feature: Supports stock buy and sell units in floating point.

Feature: Investment flow chart able to show individual stock activity.

Feature: Able to restore previous position and size of JStock.

Feature: Easy way to add new stock which is not in offline database.

Feature: Able to choose between 1 or 2 columns stock input suggestion list.

Feature: We allow user to view history, even though offline database is not ready.

Bugfix: Portfolio page will be updated even though it is not being viewed.

Bugfix: Avoid empty record in dividend chart.

Bugfix: Change Italy stock index from S&P/MIB to FTSE MIB.

Bugfix: Able to delete multiple figures from indicator editor.

Bugfix: Remove splash screen for better simplicity user experience.

Please grab the latest copy of JStock from http://jstock.sourceforge.net/download.html

I am in desperate need of a good portfolio management software. Though Jstock looks good, i need additional fields in the portfolio view for the industry/sector for each stock/scrip in my portfolio. Additionally, a way to sort based on any field in the portfolio view would be good ( for eg. based on date of purchase, best IRR etc.). If anybody knows of a better portfolio management software (preferably not online) please do let me know,

Thanks,
--
Sachin

Most of the tracker are online. Try the latest version of MProfit (www.mprofit.in), which is a dekstop portfolio management software and it provides various reports, including XIRR, Capital gains and asset allocation. Hope this will help.

Till date I have not found a SINGLE portfolio management software with a basic feature. I had a great hope on jStock but again it also disappoints me :(

> What I need ?
> Lets say I buy SBI on 10th,20th, and 30th of a month each with 10 units. So now I have 30 units of SBI. Then on 15th of next month I sold 15 units.

But jStock or MoneyControl web interface does not allow me to sell 15 units rather they only allow to sell a scrip bought on a date with less than equal to the units I had bought on that day. So in my example I have to sell either 10 units or less than 10 units for a particular day purchase.