Portfolio/Long Term Investing

DSM

Portfolio/Long Term Investing :

Was discussing investing with a friend who is a long term investor in Mutual funds and Equities. His strategy? (As a passive investor, without knowledge of reading the balance sheet) He tracks the top funds and their investment into small and medium companies and bets on their research to invest - which has provided him good returns long term. As to how much returns? - This question I did not probe further. I thought this information could be of much use to passive investors who wish to invest, but do not have the ability or time to go thru individual balance sheets of companies. The strategy of following the top investments of the top performing fund can be useful in shortlisting companies (after doing their own evaluation for effectiveness) prior to investing.

The core information is from here :

https://www.valueresearchonline.com...r=desc&type=1&objective=Equity&returns=R5Year

Snapshot of top performing funds :

Drilling down further to check the top picks of the fund, scrolling down to the bottom of the page :

https://www.valueresearchonline.com/funds/newsnapshot.asp?schemecode=632

Snapshot of the top investment

Drilling down further into specific company as per link, there is treasure trove of information including Key Ratios, Peer Comparison, Insider Information and Qtl. investment of top fund houses :

https://www.valueresearchonline.com/stocks/snapshot.asp?code=3887

Trust this can be of help to passive investors.

sunny_cool

@DSM bro same is the story with one of the guy I know & he is also getting good return..... I was also drilling some funds from last week....but most of the shares they are holding are already ran like mad bulls & not getting a clear picture to go investing in those existing stocks...I have choosen some from my chart reading but have many questions & today was trying to look for some Long term investment threads & got only 1 of urs :rofl:

I am planning to start my Portfolio for long term investment......I would really appreciate if you or anyone else can enlighten me on long term Investing :)

TraderRavi

low risk profile
@DSM bro same is the story with one of the guy I know & he is also getting good return..... I was also drilling some funds from last week....but most of the shares they are holding are already ran like mad bulls & not getting a clear picture to go investing in those existing stocks...I have choosen some from my chart reading but have many questions & today was trying to look for some Long term investment threads & got only 1 of urs :rofl:

I am planning to start my Portfolio for long term investment......I would really appreciate if you or anyone else can enlighten me on long term Investing :)
check this thread

http://www.traderji.com/fundamental...g-traders-investors-faith-into-investing.html

DSM

Sunny bro,

What I posted above is a short cut method for long term investors to drill down from among the 4,000+ stocks that are listed on our exchanges, and to get an idea :

* Of stocks that big funds have invested in. So one can assume a bit of due diligence is done on the fundamentals of these stocks, and this can save the time and effort and also keep away from the 'avoidables'

* For an investor looking at fundamentals, a lot of information is available at one place - along with comparative charts etc.

* This investment methodology is for buy and hold stocks - the holding period of which will surely be 1 year+. If somebody is looking to sell after a 5% rise, or after 1 month or 3 - they would be better off looking at the charts.

* Many of these stocks will fall and rise with the index. If the overall market sentiment is weak for any reason (Grexit, Weak monsoon, Fed. interest rate hike etc., these stocks will fall too)

* The markets have fallen beyond expectations, and Greek issue will be settled one way or the other by this monthend. So for investors, in my view, it is time to pick up good quality stocks and build up a portfolio.

Good luck.