plot volume with moving average of volume into same price chart

When I simply drag and drop the volume graph into the price graph, it will make the scale a mess. But I am sure there is some way. Can any expert here help? thanks.

Last edited:

mastermind007

When I simply drag and drop the volume graph into the price graph, it will make the scale a mess. But I am sure there is some way. Can any expert here help? thanks.
First) Learn how not to drag-drop
Second) Best feature to use is Insert-Linked instead. Insert (default when drag-dropped) and Overlay will create copies of code.

Lastly, here is the code you want. It it best to keep it on separate pane (not sheet) maybe with RSI which do not need full screen.

Code:
Plot( Volume, _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor("Color", colorBlueGrey ),
ParamStyle( "Style", styleHistogram | styleOwnScale | styleThick, maskHistogram  ), 2 );

//1) 10 Day Moving Average of Volume
Plot(EMA(V,10), "VMA", colorBlack, styleOwnScale);
[CODE]

First) Learn how not to drag-drop
Second) Best feature to use is Insert-Linked instead. Insert (default when drag-dropped) and Overlay will create copies of code.

Lastly, here is the code you want. It it best to keep it on separate pane (not sheet) maybe with RSI which do not need full screen.

Code:
Plot( Volume, _DEFAULT_NAME(), ParamColor("Color", colorBlueGrey ),
ParamStyle( "Style", styleHistogram | styleOwnScale | styleThick, maskHistogram  ), 2 );

Plot(EMA(V,10), "VMA", colorBlack, styleOwnScale);
[CODE][/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot. What does it mean by insert-linked? does it mean separate pane?

You mean separate the pane of price from volume? because it may affect the outlook or will distract the reading of graph?

Yes. Agree, combine with those no need big screen like RSI.

Besides, may I ask one more advice of these indicators?

RSI, OBV (on-balance volume), volume oscillator. Do these serve similar functions? only use one of these 3 is ok? I will use either one of these with KDJ indicator, any advice? thanks.

HI fishmarket

try this code and you get what you are looking for
HTML:
Plot( Volume, "volume",  colorBlueGrey ,
ParamStyle( "Style", styleHistogram  | styleThick, maskHistogram ), 2 );

Plot(EMA(V,10), "VMA-EMA(V,10)", colorBlack, styleThick);
If the volume moving average is far above the volume bars then you got it all wrong.The problem arises from parameter window settings which select price for volume.
take a check.

good luck

Last edited:

mastermind007

Thanks a lot. What does it mean by insert-linked? does it mean separate pane?

You mean separate the pane of price from volume? because it may affect the outlook or will distract the reading of graph?

Yes. Agree, combine with those no need big screen like RSI.

Besides, may I ask one more advice of these indicators?

RSI, OBV (on-balance volume), volume oscillator. Do these serve similar functions? only use one of these 3 is ok? I will use either one of these with KDJ indicator, any advice? thanks.
Yes, Insert-link will always create new pane even if sheet or chart is entirely blank. If you do not want earlier AFL (or if it was blank), you will have to first insert the one you want and then go to old unwanted AFL, right click on it and close its pane.

When you right click on the Chart Window (LHS of screen), Insert-Link option will be visible. Click on it and it will create a new pane in your current sheet. If you Overlay AFL, it will not create a new pane. But, as I said before, Overlay and Insert create multiple copies of same code.

All Indicators serve same function, namely to help you identify the trend!!! Different Indicators are useful in different market conditions ...