Please Take up the Issues to the concerned Authorities collectively.

deba72

I have written the above message after checking and UNDERSTANDING everything.
You seem to have problem in understanding.
You have neither read my message nor understood it. How can you understand the contract note?
Thanks. I do not wish to continue answering you.
SS
I don't want to reply to the personal attacks. So I am ignoring your comments on that front.

Please check your contract note and you will see something like "transaction charges" which is typically around Rs.325/- per crore of turnover which is the money received by the exchanges. And apart from these charges, exchanges have many other sources of income like listing fees, data feed charges, NISM income etc etc...

S S

GUys... You are talking about, :

1. Security Transaction Tax 2010 and
2. Security Transaction Tax Rules 2004

which you will find, if you Google search it, and can download them in PDF format.

What You are calling "Transaction CHARGES" is really Securities Transaction Tax or STT, which is collected by the Stock Exchanges and remitted to Government treasury, as prescribed, in the STT related above two documents, as amended from time to time.

SS

deba72

STT and transaction charges are completely two different things.. One is a tax collected by government and the other is the charges collected by exchanges.

marimuthu13

GUys... You are talking about, :

1. Security Transaction Tax 2010 and
2. Security Transaction Tax Rules 2004

which you will find, if you Google search it, and can download them in PDF format.

What You are calling "Transaction CHARGES" is really Securities Transaction Tax or STT, which is collected by the Stock Exchanges and remitted to Government treasury, as prescribed, in the STT related above two documents, as amended from time to time.

SS
i think you ONLY have to read msg clearly...see my msg...i mentioned CLEARLY " Exchange transactions charge"

S S

Some people do NOT understand… don’t they?
Let me re-write what I have written in my message. Hopefully, then these guys shall understand.

NSDL-CSDL have annual maintenance charges. So, many people hold paper shares to avoid this maintenance charge. NSE-BSE DO NOT HAVE ANY SUCH CHARGES.

NSDL-CSDL should get funded through the stock exchanges on the lines of listing charges paid by the companies. TRADERS-INVESTORS SHOULD ONLY PAY IF AND WHEN THERE ARE CREDITS/DEBITS IN THEIR DEMAT ACCOUNT. In a way, here I was suggesting ONLY the transaction charges for the Demat account without any maintenance charges.

Now… some guys have ridiculed this and have brought in “TRANSACTION CHARGES” by the stock exchanges charged, which appear in the contract notes.

First……… in my original message, I had not made any such comment. I was specific about annual maintenance charges.

Second…because these guys explicitly said so , I checked up my contract notes for last 13 years on random basis, but for each year and each month. My broker is INDIA INFOLINE, and THERE IS NEVER ANY AMOUNT CHARGED AS ‘TRANSACTION CHARGES’.

What ‘transaction charges’ you are paying, and that to around Rs 325 per Crore, is really the Turnover Tax.

S S

Just Google Search "Other Levies & Taxes - NSE" and you will get NSE link, giving the details of all the charges to be paid, other than Brokerage.

marimuthu13

We can make awake people only those are sleeping , NOT people acting like sleeping...

Nobody is perfect , but perfection will come when accept our mistake and correct it...