Please Suggest Me good Books for Startup

Hi i am new to this field by profession i am a software Engg. but i am very much interested to learn the stock market and want to earn some money from it i am not in hurry to earn huge money.

Thanks
$hekhar

Hi i am new to this field by profession i am a software Engg. but i am very much interested to learn the stock market and want to earn some money from it i am not in hurry to earn huge money.
Wanna Go MAD?
Go and read Options futures and other derivatives by Hull.

Definitely you will go mad. Its a 850 pages book. which will definitely take 3X + time than reading a normal book. This gives a very good intoduction. Problem with this is.

Reading it takes at least 3+ times more time than reading any other book.
Second is, you will have to read this book 3-4 times to be good in markets.

If you wish to be a casual trader, then i wont suggest this book. If you are very very very serious +++ . Touch it.

If you are an Engineering grad, who have less exposure to math, then it would be more difficult. Try it as it costs nothing.

niftytaurus

Thanks
$hekhar
Hi
thats good u want to earn money from stock market...for start up, u can go on site investopedia..then u can get a good idea about it & then u can decide which kind of trading u want to do....new person should go for investment first i.e positional trading...
all the best

I wouldnt really recommend Hull as its very theoretical and oriented towards quant finance. There is 0 practical trading content in it, and would not be for a beginner unless you have a strong background in maths.

Books I do recommend :
The whole sets of books by Jack schwager- market wizards, new market wizards. Most notably hedge fund market wizards.
Diary of a commodity trader - peter brandt. Also follow him on twitter.
Alpha masters
Reminisces of a stock market operator
Liar's Poker.

If you are quant oriented and know basics:
Quantitative Trading by ep chan, Hull, the quants- scott paterson, lots of blogs and financial engineering class notes available online.

General finance and economics:
The black swan- nassim taleb (im a bit biased as he was my professor :lol: )
Currency wars- jim ricards
Investment biker, street smart- jim rogers

People to follow-
Jim rogers, ray dalio, jeff gundlach, george soros

Twitter-
Keith mccollough, peter brandt,

Websites-
Traderji :lol:
Seekingalpha
Zerohedge
Moneycontrol
Investopedia already posted earlier.
Quantstart.com

Thats all i can think of at the moment. You dont have to use all of these, but take your time and cover as many as you can.

niftyoption

Dear Shekhar sir
In my view for biginers purpose in indian context

1. How to Make Money Trading with Charts
Author: Ashwani Gujral , Prasanna Khemariya
pls go through http://www.visionbooksindia.com/
thank you sir
all the best

I wouldnt really recommend Hull as its very theoretical and oriented towards quant finance. There is 0 practical trading content in it, and would not be for a beginner unless you have a strong background in maths.

Books I do recommend :
The whole sets of books by Jack schwager- market wizards, new market wizards. Most notably hedge fund market wizards.
Diary of a commodity trader - peter brandt. Also follow him on twitter.
Alpha masters
Reminisces of a stock market operator
Liar's Poker.

If you are quant oriented and know basics:
Quantitative Trading by ep chan, Hull, the quants- scott paterson, lots of blogs and financial engineering class notes available online.

General finance and economics:
The black swan- nassim taleb (im a bit biased as he was my professor :lol: )
Currency wars- jim ricards
Investment biker, street smart- jim rogers

People to follow-
Jim rogers, ray dalio, jeff gundlach, george soros

Twitter-
Keith mccollough, peter brandt,

Websites-
Traderji :lol:
Seekingalpha
Zerohedge
Moneycontrol
Investopedia already posted earlier.
Quantstart.com

Thats all i can think of at the moment. You dont have to use all of these, but take your time and cover as many as you can.
I like Moneycontrol & Investopedia any other sites like this...