Please suggest. Best way to keep in touch with day trading with a full-time job?

kingsmasher1

Hi,

I had been day trading regularly for last 1.5 years, and after much cuts and bruises, was finally seeing some consistency, and was happy with present things.
This had only been possible, as my previous full-time job in parallel allowed me to work from home completely, and my work timings were from 12:30 pm to 9 pm online.

I had got some good chart pattern ideas, after spending hundreds of hours of screen-time for last 1.5 years, which was really helping me, and i don't want to lose that.

However, its now time for a job change, and the next 2 days will be my last 2 days of day trading, as i need to depart from home at 8am to avoid the huge Bangalore traffic from Thursday onwards.

I trade with Zerodha NOW platform in desktop. Anyone trading NOW on mobile? Does it work seamlessly?
I need suggestions from day trader, as what is the best way to keep in touch with day trading in parallel to a full-time job.

Adding:
I have subscribed to some day trading simulators earlier, but that works only for US markets. Are there anything same for Indian market which i can practice post office hours in evening?

Thanks
kingsmasher1

Last edited:
Hi your work timing is really odd as the market opens at 9.15 and closes at 3.30 so you will have to use your zerodha account in your phone. They have an app "Kite". Download that app and sync your account you cn easily trade without any interuptions. App works faster and smoother than desktop, in my case it happened. You can buy and sell with great experience and can easily take your calls on very share.

Satya.

@kingsmasher1
IF is a big word,so if der is sme IF den-
IF u r a profitable trader frm lst few yrs n dis new outside job cn b avoided den resume ur work frm home job n continue trding
else
simply go for mcx-trade 5-7pm,7-8pm,9-11pm impulses in crude,copper n othr.

kingsmasher1

@kingsmasher1
dis new outside job cn b avoided den resume ur work frm home job n continue trding
else
simply go for mcx-trade 5-7pm,7-8pm,9-11pm impulses in crude,copper n othr.
My WFH job can no more be continued, as the project i was working on got scrapped, and i had to look for a new job before they could lay me off.
Yeah, thanks good idea..seems like MCX is the only option now, but i haven't traded much of MCX, really enjoyed trading the indexes (especially BankNifty).

Satya.

My WFH job can no more be continued, as the project i was working on got scrapped, and i had to look for a new job before they could lay me off.
Yeah, thanks good idea..seems like MCX is the only option now, but i haven't traded much of MCX, really enjoyed trading the indexes (especially BankNifty).
I hv used d word if u r a profitable trader ;)( den nythng can b done)
ok,take a break fo nxt 5-6 mnths(till Oct) as u jst got a promotion outside.Aftr Oct18,exchnges will trade for a longr tym so trding index,stock fut after 5pm upto 11pm will b fun..
Den no need 2 do xperimnts wid mcx n all dat.
so make sme frnds,gud connections @ ofc n resume aftr Oct18..May b u'd find ofc wrk more funful dan trding :angelic:

hv fun