Please Suggest a good book on Money Management?

Hi Friends,
I am new to trading and would like to learn Money management and how it can be applied to equities. I have checked some books and they concentrate on futures.:(
Can you plz recommend a good and simple book on Money managment, which stresses on the basics rather than the mathematical depth.

Thanks,
Satish

ash.paul

Hi Friends,
I am new to trading and would like to learn Money management and how it can be applied to equities. I have checked some books and they concentrate on futures.:(
Can you plz recommend a good and simple book on Money managment, which stresses on the basics rather than the mathematical depth.

Thanks,
Satish

Read Ryan Jones's book very interesting and simple.
Money Management by Ryan Jones
Ralph Vince - Mathematics Of Money Management

Thanks Friends,
I will check the books suggested. In the meantime let me ask you a question. I heard from many that we should not trade with small amounts. So what should be the size of an account. How much is considered a small account? I agree that there wont be any profits trading in such case and its futile applying money management principles, but i am not sure how much is considered a small account? Is there anything like a minimum amount which is required so that we can trade well.
plz advise.

Thanks,
Satish

I have got a little knowledge which i want to share Financial risk management is the practice of creating economic value in a firm by using financial instruments to manage exposure to risk, particularly Credit risk and market risk. Other types include Foreign exchange, Shape, Volatility, Sector, Liquidity, Inflation risks, etc. Similar to general risk management, financial risk management requires identifying its sources, measuring it, and plans to address them. Financial risk management can be qualitative and quantitative. As a specialization of risk management, financial risk management focuses on when and how to hedge using financial instruments to manage costly exposures to risk.Finance theory (i.e., financial economics) prescribes that a firm should take on a project when it increases shareholder value. Finance theory also shows that firm managers cannot create value for shareholders, also called its investors, by taking on projects that shareholders could do for themselves at the same cost. When applied to financial risk management, this implies that firm managers should not hedge risks that investors can hedge for themselves at the same cost. This notion is captured by the hedging irrelevance proposition: In a perfect market, the firm cannot create value by hedging a risk when the price of bearing that risk within the firm is the same as the price of bearing it outside of the firm. In practice, financial markets are not likely to be perfect markets. This suggests that firm managers likely have many opportunities to create value for shareholders using financial risk management. The trick is to determine which risks are cheaper for the firm to manage than the shareholders. A general rule of thumb, however, is that market risks that result in unique risks for the firm are the best candidates for financial risk management.

"Mathematics of Money Management " by Ralph Vince is a good book on money management and position sizing.....but as the name suggests it is very mathematical...but one can get the core idea without getting into heavy maths in it...

Best wishes,

Smart_trade

Next to Ralph Vince this is a must.........

Hello,
A simpler, easier book to read, understand and implement for everyone is
a wonderful book by Ryan Jones called 'The Trading Game'.

He talks about different approaches to money money management and makes a case for Fixed Ratio method with tables and numbers.......a must read if you want to learn money management.

Hope this helps
Shreenath

"Mathematics of Money Management " by Ralph Vince is a good book on money management and position sizing.....but as the name suggests it is very mathematical...but one can get the core idea without getting into heavy maths in it...

Best wishes,

Smart_trade

Hi Friend,

Penny stocks can make you huge amounts of money. To earn great profit, first the traders have to make small investment. Then they ultimately can move up to other potentially more profitable stocks using larger sums of money once they feel they were more experienced, and had more money to spend. :)

penny stocks