Please review my portfolio

I recently started investing in 3 funds:
1. HDFC Top 200 - Rs. 2000
2. DSP BlackRock Top 100 - Rs 2000
3. HDFC Equity - Rs. 2000

I would like to invest in another fund for Rs. 2000 to make my total invest every month to Rs. 8000 for 4 funds.

I am confused to choose among Franklin India Bluechip(which is a pure largecap fund) and a large-midcap fund like BSL Frontline Equity or Fidelity equity.
I would like to avoid pure midcaps due to its turbulent nature.

Please suggest me a fund to choose among Franklin India Bluechip or BSL Frontline/Fidelity Equity.

I am already invested in DSP BlackRock Top 100 fund. So if I add Franklin Bluechip fund, will it lead to overdiversification?

milind

I recently started investing in 3 funds:
1. HDFC Top 200 - Rs. 2000
2. DSP BlackRock Top 100 - Rs 2000
3. HDFC Equity - Rs. 2000

I would like to invest in another fund for Rs. 2000 to make my total invest every month to Rs. 8000 for 4 funds.

I am confused to choose among Franklin India Bluechip(which is a pure largecap fund) and a large-midcap fund like BSL Frontline Equity or Fidelity equity.
I would like to avoid pure midcaps due to its turbulent nature.

Please suggest me a fund to choose among Franklin India Bluechip or BSL Frontline/Fidelity Equity.

I am already invested in DSP BlackRock Top 100 fund. So if I add Franklin Bluechip fund, will it lead to overdiversification?
This is a good selection. Check out Quantum LT Equity.

-- Milind

Have you tried looking into the latest offering by IDFC. The IDFC Infrastructure fund seems to be a pretty good fund tom me. They have a very experienced fund manager too in Mr. Kenneth Andrade. IDFC Infra Fund intends to use very sturdy strategy. They would target companies whose current Return on Capital Employed is greater than their Weighted Average Cost of Capital. There is a possibility and scenario of rising credit costs, slow growth in order book and low margins consolidation will dominate the theme for some years to follow. By the years five to ten the companies would be strong enough to generate good results and the investors are likely to start getting good returns. Thus, it seems like a very good choice of investment.