Please review my portfolio

Hello Experts,

I am planning to do SIP into the following funds :

DSP Blackrock Top100 --> Rs.5000
HDFC Top200 --> Rs.5000
HDFC Equity --> Rs.5000
IDFC Premier Equity --> Rs.5000
Sundaram Select Midcap --> Rs.5000

Please reveiw my portfolio and give valuable suggestions.

Thanks,
Gouri

yodlee99

All your funds are good and have been consistent for few years now. If you want to diversify across fund houses, you can have Reliance Regular savings equity in place of HDFC Equity. This does not mean that HDFC equity is not a good one.

As always, invest via SIP and spread it across various dates of the month. Check back with us after 1 year.
Invest for long term. There might be some periods when the returns may not be the best and hence, we advise to increase the SIP amount every year.
You can create your portfolio using VROL and keep tab on the gains at any point: http://www.valueresearchonline.com/...t1=104&select1=1540&select1=2886&select1=1386

Re: please give fund advice

Actually i want to post new post but i dont know how to do that.
iam having 100000 i want to invest in MIP like HDFC MIP LT or Reliance MIP i need every month the dividend (only dividend) should be invested in midcap funds .it should be no entry load or TDS . OR very less loading structure.

or give me any other adive in any fund house wiht new scheme

kindly advice

Last edited:

rajeshn2007

Hello Experts,

I am planning to do SIP into the following funds :

DSP Blackrock Top100 --> Rs.5000
HDFC Top200 --> Rs.5000
HDFC Equity --> Rs.5000
IDFC Premier Equity --> Rs.5000
Sundaram Select Midcap --> Rs.5000

Please reveiw my portfolio and give valuable suggestions.

Thanks,
Gouri
Hello,
you SIP portfolio good . you could invest in these funds. may be you could reduce some amount in idfc or even give it a skip.
you could increase the amount in hdfc top 200/equity.

rajeshn2007

iam having 100000 i want to invest in MIP like HDFC MIP LT or Reliance MIP i need every month the dividend (only dividend) should be invested in midcap funds .it should be no entry load or TDS . OR very less loading structure.

or give me any other adive in any fund house wiht new scheme

kindly advice
hello,
you could invest in hdfc mip or rel mip, both are good.
you could get the dividend and invest in sundaram selec midcap, which doesn't have entry load.

yodlee99

I like the plan of investing in a MIP fund (that protects capital a little better than pure equity funds but gives less returns) and invest the dividend in midcap fund (for high returns). This combination protects your capital slightly as well as giving slightly better returns in the long run. I hope you have atleast 10-15 years in order to realize profits. However, there is an uncertainty of the timing (its not monthly always) and the amount of dividend in MIP funds.
You are better off in investing in well managed and diversified equity funds like HDFC Top 200, DSPBR Equity and Birla sunlife Frontline Equity-planA. Since these funds hold stocks in the large&mid cap range, we have been getting consistent & good returns along with sufficient capital protection.
In the long run, equity scores way better than FDs or such. If you understand, the returns from FDs post-inflation is zero or negative.

If you still insist on monthly returns, try postoffice savings that returns 8% and your capital is safe. You can invest the dividend in a midcap fund like Sundaram select or IDFC Premier Equity planA.

I like the plan of investing in a MIP fund (that protects capital a little better than pure equity funds but gives less returns) and invest the dividend in midcap fund (for high returns). This combination protects your capital slightly as well as giving slightly better returns in the long run. I hope you have atleast 10-15 years in order to realize profits. However, there is an uncertainty of the timing (its not monthly always) and the amount of dividend in MIP funds.
You are better off in investing in well managed and diversified equity funds like HDFC Top 200, DSPBR Equity and Birla sunlife Frontline Equity-planA. Since these funds hold stocks in the large&mid cap range, we have been getting consistent & good returns along with sufficient capital protection.
In the long run, equity scores way better than FDs or such. If you understand, the returns from FDs post-inflation is zero or negative.

If you still insist on monthly returns, try postoffice savings that returns 8% and your capital is safe. You can invest the dividend in a midcap fund like Sundaram select or IDFC Premier Equity planA.

Thanks yodlee99, I need to know is there any scheme in any fund house so that every month the dividend of MIP will be transfered automatically to MIDCAP so that i should not rush to an agent or fundhouse with check book etc.,(also iam not familliar with online transaction) initially i think of STP but no guarantee that STP amout will be equal to the dividend of MIP every month. kindly advice me.

yodlee99

Thanks yodlee99, I need to know is there any scheme in any fund house so that every month the dividend of MIP will be transfered automatically to MIDCAP so that i should not rush to an agent or fundhouse with check book etc.,(also iam not familliar with online transaction) initially i think of STP but no guarantee that STP amout will be equal to the dividend of MIP every month. kindly advice me.
You are right, these Monthly Income plans does not guarantee monthly returns and even if they do, the amount could vary month to month. They should have been renamed into something else than monthly income plans. I have seen them return 8-10% per annum which amounts to 0.7% per month. Hence I had suggested postoffice saving which would return a fixed amount month after month at a fixed date to your savings account. You can do a SIP into mutual funds.
Let me ask you this... what is your financial goal? Can you share your complete portfolio to get more meaningful ideas.